• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what kind of welder for a cage

Beezil said:
not to mention it will be noisier than fuck in the campground at 11:30 PM

Not a whole lot louder than the RV goons' AC thermostats hit 72*, cueing up the 3 AM Onan symphony :dunno:

WHAT YOU SAY? QUIET TIME? OH, THEN WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

You can weld up a cage with a $230 Lincoln AC225 stick welder just as solid and purty as any MIG welder out there...BUT...you're going to have to have a lot of experience with it. Probably around 10-20X as much as you would versus a MIG. I learned how to weld with one, used it for the better part of 13 years and could weld just about anything from .090 tubing to autobody panels very effectively. But once I switched to MIG, the stick welder I had collected dust for about a year before I finally sold it. Stick is great for general work, if you plan on doing a lot of thin stuff though don't waste your time. It takes a lot more time to learn than a MIG.

Ramsey said:
damn you really are evil

Yes I know.
evil2.gif

Depends on who you ask....
Nascar = Mig
NHRA = Tig

Mig can be a bit easier than tig, but that also depends on who you ask. I wouldnt want to do a cage until I had many years under my belt, and/or were certified. but hey, you could always just bolt one in.......

Back