• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What kind of gas milage are you gettin

What kind of milage do you get?

• Total voters
mine sucks too i get 13 mpg

31's and stock gears

well i was getting good mleage till the jeep got parked for maintenance and upgrades... now its 7 - 10 mpg with the K5. gotta love that SBC mileage! 5K lbs of blazer aint helping it any though...........

I put a stroker in my '96, and I regularly get 18+ mpg on the highways. It drops down to 15 or so in the city though. Avg around 16-17 mpg. My drivetrain is pretty stock right now, 3.55 with 235/75/15, but powertrain wise, Hiflow intake, larger injectors, and full exhaust have been added. I'll let you know how it is after I install my franken-lift this spring break.

Time for a quick summary of the thread thus far: what we've learned here is that XJs get

CRAPPY

mileage :D

I have an 88' with 5" lift 33's stock motor except for exhaust, stock gears heck everything is stock except for the lift tires and exhaust. And sadly I must report I am only logging 7.5 mpg. According to my odometer (with out any speedo gear correction) I have yet to find anything wrong with the motor. She's just thirsty I guess.

yea i totally have issues with my jeep thats gona have to wait till the warm..

~5" and 30x9.5 and i get under 10. aw4 and 4.0 so that setup should be around 15-17

IDa-88XJ-ho said:
I have an 88' with 5" lift 33's stock motor except for exhaust, stock gears heck everything is stock except for the lift tires and exhaust. And sadly I must report I am only logging 7.5 mpg. According to my odometer (with out any speedo gear correction) I have yet to find anything wrong with the motor. She's just thirsty I guess.

Try a tuneup. Maybe!! ! !

IDa-88XJ-ho said:

Allow yourself +9% for adjustment on that setup. Sorry, still bad but not as bad as mine.

Well the 88 with the 2.5 that i had was good on gas. about 20 miles per gallon. My 90 wagoneer ltd got about 14.5 stock. Now with the stroker i just filled up today and got 9 mpg. but im still running on the rich side. once i lean out the map adjuster it should be a little better. (maybe not with the lead foot i have)

Back