• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Ive been up to lately

zjmikey

NAXJA Forum User
Well, a few of my buddys and I decided to race in the 2007 BAJA 1000 and a few jeep speed events (jeep speed 3) so we started with a nice innocent looking XJ

standard.jpg

2 days later

standard.jpg

back from EOR with a partially completed cage

standard.jpg

Box O Parts

standard.jpg

On with the BLING!! 40 spline gun drilled 300m Axled, Spooled trussed to the moon 9"

standard.jpg

Frame stiffening

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

More Pics to Come..
Specs
4 Door Jeep Speed 3 , Radflow 3.0 Bypass shocks and hydro bumps, long arms, Deaver springs, hydro bumpstops, currie 9" rear spool 488, 40 spline axles, pitbull tires, aR wheels, Hesco 4.6 270HP, Mogi Trans, EOR cage, 33gal Fuel cell, custom Howe steering, Beard Seats, KC Hilites HID lights, DEI Chryo kit, etc..

Thanks so far and will keep the pics coming..

Keep on the look out for TEAM 3736 Jeep Toys/Peak Empire racing.

sponsored by
Claytons offroad, EOR, KC Hilites, Pitbull Tires, Hanneman Fiberglass, TandJ, Hesco, Radflow, Deaver, AnnHeuser Busch, DEI, Jazz, American Racing Wheels, Mad 4wd, Crawl Magazine.

we will also be shooting a documetary by Muchado productions for an upcoming DVD release of the baja 1000

just a question on the 9", you are keeping it semi-float but using 40-spline shafts? I was told (when I was looking into it)that the bearings will cause you problems as to fit the 40-spline shafts they will need to be really thin, not good for race conditions, why not go full floating? I simply couldn't afford it but anyways, sounds like an awesome project, I keep trying to talk myself out of Currie Cup class but all the JS1 restrictions are a bit of a headache, I just can't afford the extra horses etc to be competitive.
good luck

Yeah, we are going to try the 40 spline semi anyway.. It may give us issues, but I dont think its going to be too much of a deal with good synth in there and a cooler.

more beauty pics of the rear axle.
MAD 4wd did an awesome job on the trussing/plating

standard.jpg

good deal, I remember that housing from a PBB post, really nice. Are you guys running equal length shafts or centering the pinion? Hard to tell from the pic.
Thanks
Chris

that is one sweet axle! now make sure your D30 is untrussed...haha

were running equal length shafts..

here is the startup of the D30 hehe

itll be trussed top and bottom, knuckles gussetted...etc.

standard.jpg

nah seqoia, its a giant pipe bomb.. that doubles as a chees grater..

Do your self a favor and use a 35 spline axle. There is no need in a Jeespeed to use a 40 spline 300m axle. I dont know what your build budget is but the extra cost of 300m could be better spent on other parts. synthetic in a 9" is a bad idea. I use 85 -140 lucas or torco in my JS. Why would you want to build these crazy strong axles and use yukon gears?? Not trying to be a jerk but i have been racing jeepspeed for a wile and have never had a issue with my rear end.

Chris, we are using chryo'd yukon gears, the reason for that and the 300m axles is it is all FREE PRODUCT FROM OUR SPONSORS.., we have 3 complete thirdmembers for quick change if we need it but I dont see it as being an issue.

I will take your advice on the torco stuff or 85w140..

thanks..

My other concern is with the axle bearings. A sealed roller type bearing is not the best for the desert. It cant take the side loading like the set 20 can. The problem with either of these bearing in a standard large bearing housing end is they get kind of thin because of the larger bearing journal used on the 40 spline flanged axle. The best way to do a 40 spline flange axle is to use a custom housing end that Currie makes to use for expidition or 2000 up chevy disc brakes. This way you can use a lager OD bearing.

Can your sponsor get a 300m 35 spline shaft with a 1.563 bearing journal?

Jump This said:
I was wondering where the hell you had gone off too.

No Maxxis sponsorship?

Let us know when you are going to debuting..

BTW You not driving it are you?

;)

YES I am driving it... It will be debuted at the Off-road expo in Pomona this oct..

It will also be at sema.. then off to TJ.

THanks for the point on the 35spline bearings, No problem getting those as we havent gotten the axles yet..

appreciate the concerns..

should be a fun toy, I will have it in my possesion the end of July for testing..

I still think the D35 is a stout axle for jeepspeed =p! Great work so far Mike.. are you really keeping the D-30 front? I'm not in the know as far as Jeepspeed goes... but it'd make sense to upgrade right?

nope, dana 30 properly trussed is fine for jeepspeed..

Not as sexy as the rear, but trussed to the moon and gusseted HP dana 30..

standard.jpg

Back