• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Is My XJ Worth?

XJ[4x4]77

NAXJA Forum User
hey its come to the tme to sell the old XJ and build something new. maybe a MJ we'll see. But after all the money i have dumped in to it i am not sure what to list it for. So everybody give your 2 cents on what shes worth.

What ive got:
1991 XJ sport 2 door 5 speed 175,000 miles but motor is fresh
6.5" Rubicon Express lift
Rustys high clearance LA's
Rustys HD steering
Rustys HD trac bar
ACOS
Teraflex Revolver shackles
C ROX steering box brace
33x12.50 Swampers on black steelies
teraflex 4:1 low in t-case with slip yoke eliminator.
D44 rear with full spool and diff guard.
D30 front with lockrite and chromo axle shafts and warn diff guard
KC titanium long range lights
Reverse lights
k&n intake
t-body spacer
2 1/2 in magnaflow exhaust.
big stereo with amp
alignment is great and tires are all balanced well, no death wobble what so ever and drives great down the highway.
body in good condition and so is interior.
i have a brand new warn m8000 winch for it as well as brand new bilstein 5150's at home just havent installed them yet. i think thats about itother than little things. Tell me what shes worth!

xj.jpg

in this economy it is worth what you can get for it. However, unless you find someone who is in the market for just this jeep, you can plan on about $1k over blue book if you are lucky. Most people are gonna look at it and say cool jeep, call you about a price, then when you name a name a price that you figured in your head based on add ons, tires, and such they are gonna walk.

Unless, like I said, you find someone who wants what you are selling.

Sorry to say the parts are probably worth more than the Jeep as a whole. Blue book is going to be low fo a truck that age with that many miles on it no matter how nice it is.

Blue book value + 20% of add on value.
Blue book is giving me a price around 2.5k. I think your Jeep is worth more than that, but you still might make more money if you part it out, considering all the nice stuff you have on it.

same jeeps that style around that same year, i've seen run for 4000-4500. i'd do like what my radio controlled guys tell me, add up the prices of all ur accessories and vehicle worth, and cut it in half, so say you got 5000 in accessories ur jeeps worth 3000, thats 8000, ur jeep will be worth to the public about 4000.

also take into account people are going to think its been used/ abused, got a new paint job and now he wants to sell it. if it were me, i'd just be happy with what i have, why do you need to go dumping more money into something new when you already have everything you need sitting in the driveway? ur jeeps not even fully built yet, you still need bumpers rear tire carrier maybe full roll cage ur still running the D44/D30 combo when you could maybe go full width 60's running 35's...

basically if it were me and i was looking for money to spend i'd make what you have sitting right there into a trail beast!

same jeeps that style around that same year, i've seen run for 4000-4500. i'd do like what my radio controlled guys tell me, add up the prices of all ur accessories and vehicle worth, and cut it in half, so say you got 5000 in accessories ur jeeps worth 3000, thats 8000, ur jeep will be worth to the public about 4000.

also take into account people are going to think its been used/ abused, got a new paint job and now he wants to sell it. if it were me, i'd just be happy with what i have, why do you need to go dumping more money into something new when you already have everything you need sitting in the driveway? ur jeeps not even fully built yet, you still need bumpers rear tire carrier maybe full roll cage ur still running the D44/D30 combo when you could maybe go full width 60's running 35's...

basically if it were me and i was looking for money to spend i'd make what you have sitting right there into a trail beast!
ya the thing is i really do not want to sell my jeep and i have a full width 9 and hp 44 at home that i was going to run 35's with. 4 link rear 3 link front. but with my competitive motocross racing schedule i dont have the tim eor money and i need a rig that can pull my trailer and bike long distances to races. and sadly the jeep just doesnt cut it. i wish i could afford to have both but being a senior in highschool i just cant. i hate to say this but i have to go full size :(

big trailer or what? what u need is a sponsor to carry ur stuff for you. being a priveteer is pretty expensive yanno?

if it were me and my xj was paid for i'd just buy a cheap reliable one from say a tow company and use that for the MX racing.

big trailer or what? what u need is a sponsor to carry ur stuff for you. being a priveteer is pretty expensive yanno?

if it were me and my xj was paid for i'd just buy a cheap reliable one from say a tow company and use that for the MX racing.

ya trust me its pretty damn expensive and i do have some sponsors that help out a lot but its still quite the money bank. i have a pretty big trailer and when its loaded down a jeep definitely couldnt pull it.

stroke it, lower a bit, use it to pull your trailer until you can find a rig that fits your budget. just my .02

Buy a cheap used Ford Powerstroke (80's or 90's fir the cheap factor) or 80's Dodge CUmmins. You can get them fairly cheap and either one would pull your trailer with ease, leaving you to keep your nice, already built XJ. Depending on the type of wheeling you do, if you want to keep wheeling, a full size truck won't do the trails you can in your XJ. :)

Buy a cheap used Ford Powerstroke (80's or 90's fir the cheap factor) or 80's Dodge CUmmins. You can get them fairly cheap and either one would pull your trailer with ease, leaving you to keep your nice, already built XJ. Depending on the type of wheeling you do, if you want to keep wheeling, a full size truck won't do the trails you can in your XJ. :)

ya i was looking at them we'll see what i end up doing. my dad wants a wheeler so i might be able to talk him into buying my xj off of me :)

Back