• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you think?

Brett J

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,

So I need your opinion on a good driveline shop down in the littleton area of colorado. I have the wierdest issue with my cherokee and im sick of problem solving myself and want it gone! Please everyone help me!

whenever i let off the gas there is a terrible clunking noise from under the car. My tranny mount is ok, the u joints arent bad, i think its a drive line deal but i have completely no idea.

im pretty positive its the rear but it sounds sort of in the middle. My jeep is a 2001 cherokee with 96000 miles. I have like a two inch coil spacer up front and like a 2 3/4 shackle in the rear. I bought it like that. i wouldnt do this.

we did that and it was coming from the rear really bad. It consistantly happens at about 40mph so we replaced my old axle with a junkyard one and it still has the noise while driving. I really dought that i got two bad axles right

Have you checked the fluid level in the t-case?

X2 on this.

Not necessarily fluid level in the T-case, just overall T-case condition. I had a 242 that would make awful sounds when letting off the gas, or applying the brake after cruising speeds. Over time, after it got worse and started occurring more frequently, it was all I could do to shift from 2 wheel to 4 wheel. Replaced my T-case, no more noise. In relation to fluid level, however, I believe part of the problem was insufficient lubrication caused by a dang leak. :cool:

Scott

dont i have a 231 tho. That was my understanding and yes some of that is very similar. When i put the jeep in cruise control the noise becomes horrid!

ok, i will check that. Thanks. if that is good however do you think it could be anything else? Also you doubt i got two axles with the same issue right

Back