• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you think about 97 wrangler flares on a XJ

My opinion - use YJ flares on a 96 down XJ, or TJ flares on a 97 up. The TJ flares are more rounded and look more like 97+ stock flares and the YJ flares have some ribbing and edges that make them look more like 96-down stock flares. But hey, it's my opinion, take it for what it is :)

As for price, I just sold four rear TJ flares (two left, two right) for 40 bucks, and thought I did OK. They did sell pretty darn fast so maybe I underpriced em, but I'm happy. I paid 75 bucks for them, two transmission coolers, four 97+ heated/power mirrors, and some steering hardware at an all-you-can-carry junkyard day, so I wasn't really heartbroken either way, just trying to get my money back after I decided not to put them on my rig.

I'm not here "starting crap". I responded to a question and posted pics to support my position. If that's starting crap, then it's what I do. Posts like yours are why Naxja is getting a rep for being snobbish and partisan. What difference does it make if I post from Egypt?

Where is it written that you can't post in another chapter? When I click "New Posts" everyone comes up. So maybe Naxja should alter their software so that only the NAC comes up.

Why all the butthurt? Go have some more coffee, dude.

TJ flares can be installed to look awesome on an XJ. I prefer the four rear flare look, but the marker lights on the front ones don't look terrible. It's all about the time and care you take installing them. The guy with the blue XJ cut his front ones too short, they should go down to about half-way down the little body hump where the plastic cladding is on most XJs. The way he has it done won't do much to keep mud off of the Jeep.

FFS both of you STFU... the topic was flares, not who's the bigger e-thug.

fubar XJ said:
TJ flares can be installed to look awesome on an XJ. I prefer the four rear flare look, but the marker lights on the front ones don't look terrible. It's all about the time and care you take installing them. The guy with the blue XJ cut his front ones too short, they should go down to about half-way down the little body hump where the plastic cladding is on most XJs. The way he has it done won't do much to keep mud off of the Jeep.
The flares are purely there to keep the police happy.. I play in the mud on a routine basis :)

**Edit - to clarify, the law up here requires any part of the tire that touches the ground to be covered via flare. I don't mind mud and such thrown down the sides, and I actually enjoy a good romp in the mud every now and then. I would have preferred no flares as it makes getting dirty a little simpler and less involved, but whatever. So in short, I trimmed them exactly were I wanted them to keep the fuzz off my butt about no flares, yet still be able to throw mud all over the place should I feel like playing in it. It's a Jeep and not a show-car, I could care less about the paint. As long as my windows and doors seal I'm happy

Last edited:
I'm not here "starting crap". I responded to a question and posted pics to support my position. If that's starting crap, then it's what I do. Posts like yours are why Naxja is getting a rep for being snobbish and partisan

SERIOUSLY? You got to be kidding.

What difference does it make if I post from Egypt?

If you where any farther from the truth, you'd be in Egypt!

Where is it written that you can't post in another chapter? When I click "New Posts" everyone comes up. So maybe Naxja should alter their software so that only the NAC comes up.

For your sake, They should!

You have a nice day now. :wave:

If i was drinking something, I would have spit it all over my keyboard in laughter!

Y'all just mad 'cause my Cherokee is prettier than yours. XJ-Envy ... Get over it.
Prettier?

motivational-posters-funny-131.jpg

I like the sound they make when you run them over!

We're talking about the ones on the road rite?

:D

Back