• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you suggest?

Well crap. All this talk of sliders has me a bit worried. JCR has a 10-13 business day lead time before theirs will ship, that's pushing it to get them painted and installed.

Meh, my rockers are rusty anyway.

Well crap. All this talk of sliders has me a bit worried. JCR has a 10-13 business day lead time before theirs will ship, that's pushing it to get them painted and installed.

Meh, my rockers are rusty anyway.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370288924.167681.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370289274.651445.jpg
Just cut them out and weld some 2x6 in

You have to understand where most of these guys go, sliders are VERY important. These guys talking about mashing rockers are the same ones who do Lion's Den, Mason Jar, Can Opener, upper and lower rock garden, etc. Those are some of the toughest trails in Harlan.

You have to understand where most of these guys go, sliders are VERY important. These guys talking about mashing rockers are the same ones who do Lion's Den, Mason Jar, Can Opener, upper and lower rock garden, etc. Those are some of the toughest trails in Harlan.

I've done all Except lions den. I know the rest will cause body damage.

I've never had too much of an issue unless I got in the lower rock garden. But then again I run the easier stuff.

So what would you recommend as bare minimum for lions den, and the harder stuff?

Im guessing I should stick to intermediate being open open.
I have diff guards, a tank skid, and my x member will take plenty of hits with no issue... May try to add more of a skid to protect the t-case.

Would I be fine with the intermediate trails?

Lockers and a winch are a must for Lion's Den.

I think you'll be fine with intermediate as long as you are a decent driver & have a winch. The intermediate group will run things like killin time & other moderate trails similar to it. There's some challenge but not difficult like mason jar. In my 100% honest opinion, Lions Den is NO place for an XJ with any amount of factory sheet metal.

I think you'll be fine with intermediate as long as you are a decent driver & have a winch. The intermediate group will run things like killin time & other moderate trails similar to it. There's some challenge but not difficult like mason jar. In my 100% honest opinion, Lions Den is NO place for an XJ with any amount of factory sheet metal.

Haha! Which is why it takes you 5 minutes to get through it and it takes Glenn 2 hours! :D

I dont have a winch :rattle:

I watched videos of killin time.
Doesnt look bad at all.

My tires are new, so they bite pretty damn good.
Need rocker protection though. Id like to be able to get in the vehicle normally.
Although jeff gordon style would be kinda cool....

Re: Re: What do you suggest?

I watched videos of killin time.
Doesnt look bad at all.

My tires are new, so they bite pretty damn good.
Need rocker protection though. Id like to be able to get in the vehicle normally.
Although jeff gordon style would be kinda cool....

Killin time is fun, depending on the line you take going up towards the exit its not too bad, but if you take a bad line you will be beating on it hard to get it up and out the exit. It was a little but more dug out in last year's crawl thsn previous years. I made it up, I'm just giving you a heads up.

Last edited:
Re: Re: What do you suggest?

Killin time is fun, depending on the line you take going up towards the exit its not too bad, but if you take a bad line you will be beating on it hard to get it up and out the exit. It was a little but more dug out in last year's crawl thsn previous years. I made it up, I'm just giving you a heads up.

So you think with decent driving, long arms, and 35s I'll be ok?

Back