• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do YOU need to do before NWFest 2010 ?

So I see these posts, and they're pretty in depth.

I doubt I would really accomplish anything before NWFest, but if I showed up with my Jeep that's mostly stock outside of accessories and lift/tires, would it still be fun??

I assume it's not all hardcore stuff, and theres still tons of socializing.

I've never been to naches before but here are the requirements.

Vehicle Requirements: NWF is open to all vehicles. We'll have runs for all steups. Here's a list of items that all vehicles need to have.

- Full size spare tire*
- First aid kit
- Fire Extinguisher (visibly charged)
- Secured Battery (no bungees to arc out)
- Front tow point
- Rear tow point
- Tow strap with no metal hooks

So I see these posts, and they're pretty in depth.

I doubt I would really accomplish anything before NWFest, but if I showed up with my Jeep that's mostly stock outside of accessories and lift/tires, would it still be fun??

I assume it's not all hardcore stuff, and theres still tons of socializing.

I would vote for going. Its a great way to meet folks and get future build ideas, talk tech face to face, ask questions about your rig / there rig, and yes... there will be some socializing... especially when the sun goes down :confused1

deffinately good times on and off the trail !

Remove bushcrackers
Install Dynomax exhaust and new high-flow cat
Tune CB radio
Radiator flush
Breather fitting for D44
Change all fluids
Remove subwoofer and install disconnects on box
Alignment
Frame stiffiners
New wiper blades
Fix heater/ac
Purchase and install Grand Cherokee seats
Grease all grease-certs(sp?)
Paint rear bumper and get some HP by adding sticker
Buy back-up D30 shafts and U-joints

few more came up for me this past week

*try to get rid of the play in my steering - already checked all components are tight
the play is from the steering gear itself - the shaft rotates a bit before the gear does.
im gonna start with the worm gear adjustment as dictated by the FSM
getting under the jeep and checking my steering components i noticed my trans is leaky, so:
*transmission filter + new fluid
*new fluid in the xfer case

-Install dana30 locker
-frame stiffies
-belly pan
-buy and install limited seats (if I can find some forsale)
-Spare shafts
-repack clutches on 8.8
-break down run
-sweet talk the wife! aka... a longer honey-do list then what the jeep needs:scared:

Alloy shafts
find some 35" tires
rear e-locker
new engine
rocker replacements
tube fenders

Realistically, maybe a new engine will happen. Everything else if I decide to not buy a motorcycle for some reason.

~Scott

Alloy shafts
find some 35" tires
rear e-locker
new engine
rocker replacements
tube fenders

Realistically, maybe a new engine will happen. Everything else if I decide to not buy a motorcycle for some reason.

~Scott
I thought you liked that rig because it ran so good and had much lower mileage then the white one?

1. swap front brake rotors.
2. May adjust castor some more?
3. May install a steering cooler?
4. Check tire pressure in XJ, Trailer and tow rig.

Michael

Well seeing as how i just picked up a 96xj, ummmm EVERYTHING.

Get the rest of my lift components,
picking up my front bumper this weekend!!(already have new winch with synthetic line!!
do some serious fender trimming to fit my 35x12.5x17 Mud Rovers!
Install my hood vent,
install my lockright for my d30,
install my otk 1 ton steering set up,
pay and install my long arm upgrade kit from iro group buy!!
hopefully get some tube fenders made for the front and rear!

And take a practice run or two at walker or maybe evans creek.

Lots to do so i got to get off the computer now, at least since im not working i got all the time, just not all the $:(:repair:

I thought you liked that rig because it ran so good and had much lower mileage then the white one?

Well my high RPM driving style seems to have gotten the best of me again. She leaks like a dog now. Maybe I need to stop revving the engine and doing so many burn outs...

~Scott

Fix T-case shifter linkage,
scrounge for longer front shocks,
replace axle seals on the 8.8,
replace rotors on the rear,
pads all around,
change brake fluid,
service the differentials.

Lift
Tires
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper (currently in progress)
Winch
Roof Rack
Lights, lights, lights, lights, lights.
Sliders
Xfer drop
Stereo
Doorless mod(?)
Sleeping platform/interior storage mod(?)
Lockers and regear if the money comes in time

Clean the damn thing

Lift
Tires
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper (currently in progress)
Winch
Roof Rack
Lights, lights, lights, lights, lights.
Sliders
Xfer drop
Stereo
Doorless mod(?)
Sleeping platform/interior storage mod(?)
Lockers and regear if the money comes in time

Clean the damn thing

let me know if you want me to blend in thoes peices for you. it would drive me crazy, but im a painter.

im guna detail the crap out of mine b4 i head up. gotta cruz with style ya know. maby a detail party is in order?:dunno:

let me know man.
Bronze.

let me know if you want me to blend in thoes peices for you. it would drive me crazy, but im a painter.

im guna detail the crap out of mine b4 i head up. gotta cruz with style ya know. maby a detail party is in order?:dunno:

let me know man.
Bronze.

I'll see what they look like once I get them put on and let you know

Yeah yeah. I don't have a great space to work. It seems like everytime I get somebody who can help me putting stuff on (ya know, heavy s**t) my roommate needs the garage for her architecture stuff. My goal for the week is to put those on though.

I cut my control arm mounts cut off yesterday and I'm ready to install my long arms and then install the new front axle and 1 ton steering, hopefully today. I installed the new rear axle on Saturday. Now I just need to get extended brake lines for the front and I should be good.

Back