• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have left to do...

Cage: waiting
Beadlocks: Done
Wireing harness: Done
Sheet metal dash: waiting on cage
Paint: Done
New driver shaft and a full set of spares: Done with alloys and spares
Find a way to fix my steering airation issue:Just recieved new reservoir from P.O.S. and new lines tomorrow....
Oh shit, now I also have to fix the tow pig that decided to puke coolant everywhere today.

refill the front diff with fluid, check/ re-torque every bolt on the rig, reorganize and re-pack all the tools & spares, and if the 5 pt harness gets here in tme, install it. I think (knock on wood) this is the most ready we've had a rig for the crawl.

I really need to put the Grand wagoneer pitman arm in and redo my steering and add some braces to the cage but time will probably nto allow. LOL! :gee:

just finished my sliders!!!
pics will be up tomorrow...

Cage: waiting
Sheet metal dash: waiting on cage
Find a way to fix my steering airation issue:Done
Oh shit, now I also have to fix the tow pig that decided to puke coolant everywhere today. Turns out it is getting 2 new headgaskets.

Finished installing new a.c. compressor, receiver dryer, liquid line, and orifice tube in my F350 tow pig. ICE COLD air again!!!! Whoo Hoo!:clap:

Jeep still needs the fender replaced and the steel bushwackers built. Everything else is go for launch.

Getting close... About to leave for the cage.
IMG00001.jpg

BRIANHO13 said:
I will have to fix whatever I break this weekend :D

Have to pull tha a-piller back out on the passenger side, it had a meeting with a tree and the tree and cage won, never woulda thought it could get wrapped around the cage.....
302ugr7.jpg

Last edited:
And it didn't even crack the windshield...:D

Front and rear JCR showed up so they were shot with a quick coat of paint. Front fenders were cut and bumper installed. The winch is ready to go on once we pick up some longer bolts.

Got the rear bumper off and the bent Class 2 hitch off in preparation for the rear bumper install.

Tore down the front end. What a PITA. The stupid pass side shaft wouldn't come out without some serious persuading. Got everything apart and clean and installed the Aussie. Went to pop in the seals included with the block off kit (we are working with an '89 disco axle). They don't include the proper pass side seal. I came inside and did a quick search on NAXJA and this is a common problem. I should have read up on this first. We go to town Sat afternoon and no one has the $7 seal that would allow us to reassemble the front end. Bummer. Gotta wait till Monday to order the part.

Installed coil spring spacers after adding 200 lbs to the fornt. Installed HD Dana 44 diff cover on rear.

More to come.

the MJ is looking really good matt!

Cage: DONE
Sheet metal dash: tomorrow with all new autometer guages
Find a way to fix my steering airation issue:Ddone
Oh shit, now I also have to fix the tow pig that decided to puke coolant everywhere today. Turns out it is getting 2 new headgaskets. Well that wasn't all of it. It took $2800 and a set of new heads.

Ouch! That hurt!

You have done excellent getting everything done. :clap:

We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there. Hmmm, sounds like a song I know.

Still to do:
reassemble entire front axle
install sliders
bolt on winch
bolt down seats
swap tires
install CB
pack
get alignment
JCR OTK steering kit (hasn't arrived yet)

We should have it ready, I hope.

I got my cargo net installed to keep all the tools and spare shit from bouncing around. I need to lube the alloy u-joints. Cruise around town, and get a tea from the Sonic. Hmmm, maybe I'll throw in an oil change too. :peace: I am getting really excited! :rof:

:bawl: I got no bumper,,,,,, the design aint gonna work....
but Heather is bringing me the factory tow point bracket... so i will be ok.. :confused1
i started packing tools and extra parts, and total crap. and a few camping stuffs,
looks like the xj is turning into an inclosed trailer. let me see, 3 days till departure,,,,:laugh:

PacificEd said:
reassemble entire front axle

Job complete. Everything looks good. Now to get the rest finished tomorrow.

Tools are all packed up in the heep, will be changing the oil and plugs tomorrow and putting it on the trailer.

Gotta love this! Cruised the Sonic after getting all the oil change stuff from Advanced. Got back to the shop and started the oil change. Went to grabe the new filter after draining the oil and removing the old one and it was missing. So now today I get to finish changing the oil.

Back