• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

What did i do to my xj today? ........ Well, i took off the drivelines and removed the tc, then took it apart and fumbled my way through the sye install with a lot of guidance from bronze. Put it all back together and replaced it under the xj. I put a new ujoint into a front shaft and reinstalled my front then new rear driveline...........too short! Screw it, i dont really need a rear shaft anyways.

On a lighter side bronze has joined the "Aaron's jeep is spending the night "club.

Installed my home made shackle relocator, took a lot of ideas and set up from HD off roads version. It bolts to the hitch and shackle box. And the new shackle box has five holes to choose and the box can be arranged forwards, rearwards, or center.

Helps to make mad flex and inverted springs lol
u6u5usus.jpg

revygehu.jpg

7aqemuqy.jpg

Who needs bump stops?!? Lol

What did i do to my xj today? ........ Well, i took off the drivelines and removed the tc, then took it apart and fumbled my way through the sye install with a lot of guidance from bronze. Put it all back together and replaced it under the xj. I put a new ujoint into a front shaft and reinstalled my front then new rear driveline...........too short! Screw it, i dont really need a rear shaft anyways.

On a lighter side bronze has joined the "Aaron's jeep is spending the night "club.
I know you know this now, but manual transmissions are shorter than the autos. Meaning, they require a longer driveline in the rear.

I had Driveline Tech lengthen a stocker for JeepForceOne, but I've heard some of the V8 ZJ's come equipped with longer front drivelines that work on manual trans SYE'd rigs. Food for thought if your looking for a cheaper alternative than going custom.

I know you know this now, but manual transmissions are shorter than the autos. Meaning, they require a longer driveline in the rear.

I had Driveline Tech lengthen a stocker for JeepForceOne, but I've heard some of the V8 ZJ's come equipped with longer front drivelines that work on manual trans SYE'd rigs. Food for thought if your looking for a cheaper alternative than going custom.

well if he is here in the morning, Dallas u-pullit will be 1st stop! $20
shafts!

Bronze.

Threw together a cb antenna mount that doesn't get in the way of my lights. ..
a3e8ura8.jpg

My XJ got mad and puked antifreeze all over the driveway, I fed it a bottle of bars leak. So far so good, any suggestions on where to get a good radiator for a 2000 XJ? NAPA said they can only get stock replacements.

Stock replacement is a good way to go. I've heard people who have had issues with the 3 core aluminum ones... something about flow, or whatever.

Stock replacement is a good way to go. I've heard people who have had issues with the 3 core aluminum ones... something about flow, or whatever.

Cool thanks, I was thinking the same thing. NAPA has it in stock for $112, the Jeeps got 147K on it and I think it's the stock radiator. It blew out more on my way home from work today, damn bars leak. Gives me an excuse to drive my wheeler till the weekend:rof:

Nice Bronze - why'd you cut off the rocker gaurds? new-to-you bumper?

my update: heard a funny rattle sound, wife says "something's dragging" stop and see my rear upper shock mount has un-mounted. had no tools, found an old exhaust clamp and temp fix'd to get home by exhaust clamping the shock eye to the brake line... hahah wow, that could have been dangerous...

No problem man! Glad to see it go to good use! But! Who makes those strips that go inside the frame, or is that something you made up? I like the sandwich idea :)

I have the JCR ones, so I was wondering where those ones came from :) haha bronze I know you could make those man! Thanks for the info though. I'll probably be making some
Here pretty soon

FWIW I love 3 core aluminum. Had it refurbished when I did the motor swap. It runs cool with that thing, even towing my trailer in mountains in 90 degree heat with the a/c blowing.

Back