• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

An under the axle truss?!

Yep,I wanted to beef up the axle but didn't want to build something to extensive on an axle that I don't plan to keep. Going under the axle was pretty easy and should give the strength I was after.

I was worried about giving up clearance then I mocked it up and saw I wasn't loosing much since the truss barely sits lower then my steering and about even with my lower arm mounts.

On mine I'm just doing MIG with ER70s-6 wire,seems to be welding ok for what I'm trying to do. I'm hoping I can get the D30 to live long enough to get my D44 built.

2012-07-02204412.jpg

I like that looks hella beefy :cheers:

Got my "new to me from NW99XJ" driveshaft sanded primed painted and installed. Went from 1/16" splines visible to 1 1/16" splines showing and now more bottoming out on the TC.
Thanks again Josh for all your help hammering, pulling, pressing, torching and eventually grinding the old Ujoints out lol,
and also for pressing the new ones in!:yelclap:

Turns out I DID get the zerks reversed but I ground down the end of the grease gun and it fits nice n snug now with the shaft pulled. Stoked!

Still gotta bring ya that brew!

So glad that damn clunk is gone now!
Hey no problem! I never mind helping out a fellow jeeper in need. And you would've had the hardest time trying to do that yourself.....I cant believe how stubborn some of those caps were! I'm just glad everything worked out for you in the long run..... And yea, still waiting on that brew man.... :)

Finally detailed the interior.... was way over due....

Finally have a full day off. Installing Aj's rails today. Got them a bit before the biz changed hands. First time messing with an install on the unibody. Umm, yea, stripped those self tappers right out. So got the welder outta the shop and put them on properly.....

a6935998-c41c-2c78.jpg

a6935998-c434-acd1.jpg

a6935998-c45f-250b.jpg

One on. One more to go....

I bought and installed a Grand Cherokee tie rod and new ends. I think it's one of the best steering upgrades for the money.
Picked up an extra one of those from 205 Auto Salvage - Great people down there (105th & Sandy blvd.) and they've got a ton of jeeps! http://www.205autosalvage.com/
I may put it on, I may just keep it as a trail spare.

Two Words:
bump.
stops.
bumpstops.jpg

Finished my bump stops on all 4, then buckled the pass side fender, dented my Thor guard, some new rub marks...... Fun day!!!

e950e440.jpg

19609300.jpg

cedfa365.jpg

Kinda hard to see the dent, but it is definately there :)

Back