• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I didn't do anything to my jeep today but a new mod got dropped off at my place today
319842_430016377038071_520111837_n.jpg

Super 35 with 4.88 gears and a detroit locker

May I suggest welding the tubes to the case and installing a massive truss.

Agree with the above statement! While it's out you Maya's well truss it, weld the tubes and move the shock mounts up. Shane I've seen your wheelin style and this will do just fine for what your application is! Now if you ever step up to 35s, then your screwed ;)

Seafoam'd it. (1/2 bottle thru the brake booster vacuum line, and the rest in the gas tank)
Didn't give me as much of a smoke show as I thought it would - guess thats a good thing.
I cleaned the carbon build-up on the cap and rotor too.
Then finally removed the track bar drop bracket that was on from the original lift. (actually made a difference- I was kinda surprised.)
What do you guys think of these angles....to me it almost seems like they were better before. I have a drop pitman arm i was going to throw on, but now I'm thinking no..... Thoughts?
Before:
IMG_1399.jpg

After:
IMG_1400.jpg

Don't. Angles look fine. Good move ditching the lower axle bracket.
Thanks! Yea i had been putting it off for a while (no good reason really) ...and before I dint really think I had an issue with bump steer..... I guess my stabilizer was doing a real good job of dampening it. On the way into work today I noticed that there is definitely no bump steer now.

Pulled the axle shafts and had a machine shop swap out joints. Full circle clips and i didnt want to mess with them. Then i started to fix the jerry rigged shock mounts an gain a little up travel.

Old
aee985fb-8f30-471f.jpg

New to this truck
aee985fb-8f75-6919.jpg

Nice Shock Mod!!!
-I just ordered up new rear bump stops.....
Hope those will be here before the weekend.

and in the process of packing / loading up for a competition saturday...

55548810100523991713373.jpg

Back