• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Hubs installed
2012-03-10-14-55-21-904-1.jpg

Brake replacements
2012-03-10-14-58-44-808-1.jpg

2012-03-10-15-05-17-883-1.jpg

Brakes installed
2012-03-10-15-41-36-171-1.jpg

2012-03-10-15-41-47-027-1.jpg

Took it driving up to 70mph. Usually i have the "DW" between 50-60mph, NOT ANYMORE!!! I can steer now with one hand with my arm rested on the window sill. No more white knuckling! Also, the steering is tighter and more responsive! I would say a great day today with a lot of accomplishments in 5 hours and doing everything curb side :thumbup1:

Now for a beer!:drink:

Tomorrow's project: Oil Change, Trans cooler install, rear drum brakes, cowl snorkel :thumbsup:

Nice brakes. Where did you pick those up?

So I broke down and got some Big horn again they work well for what I do and I get to pay them off as slow as I like Coupeville wheeling at its finest

424875_380609618625581_100000296382652_1419543_320375811_n.jpg

And now I sit almost as high as my buddies xj He has a 4.5" rustys lift with acos and jks 2" shackle and jks upper and lower control arms running about 7 inches

423707_379196388766904_100000296382652_1414357_831297727_n.jpg

Death wobbled all over i 205 and i 84 going to buy a stock skid plate and a set of used Bushwacker Flares. So now in the bank i have a new currie steering set up, a new steering stabilizer, front skid plate and some flares. Sure hope the steering set up and stabilizer take care of the wobble. Gonna be putting it on this Saturday. Now i need some new bumpers and some quick discos.

Death wobbled all over i 205 and i 84 going to buy a stock skid plate and a set of used Bushwacker Flares. So now in the bank i have a new currie steering set up, a new steering stabilizer, front skid plate and some flares. Sure hope the steering set up and stabilizer take care of the wobble. Gonna be putting it on this Saturday. Now i need some new bumpers and some quick discos.

Nice to see you back and hope to go out with you again. You probably don't know who I am because I switched my screen name. But we both met at a run a few years back and talked quite a while. I drive the black Wrangler YJ.

Dave

It maybe as something as simple as poor caster angle.

Wow, what a busy day working on the XJ in prep for Moab. Here is the list of all the stuff I did.

Back:
1. Pulled the rear diff cover off, cleaned and inspected the ARB and gears.
2. Pulled the wheel spacers off and wire brushed them and the mating surface and re-torqued them with some fresh thread locker.
3. Pulled drums, inspected and them adjusted the brakes.
4. Re-torqued the U-Bolts.
5. Greased the zerks on the rear driveline.
6. Buttoned it all back up and put new Royal Purple lube back in!

Front:
1. Pulled diff cover off cleaned and inspected the ARB and gears. (noticed a nasty problem)
2. Pulled the wheels and unit bearings out.
3. Pulled both axles out.
4. Pulled out the ARB and proceeded to fix the Nasty Problem! (mentioned below)
5. Pulled the ARB apart and did a good cleaning and inspection. The problem I had with it is 1 of the 6 bolts holding the ARB housing together.
6. Repaired ARB with new bolts and lock tabs.
7. Pressed old U-joint out of the drivers side Yukon shaft and then pressed a new 760x U-joint in. cleaned up the old U-joint since it was good and put it in the jeep for a spare.
8. My new Yukon shaft came for the passenger side so I pressed in a fresh 760x U-joint.
9. Did some grinding and filing of random parts.
10. Put the cover back on the diff, put the axles in and unit bearings on.
11. Put the wheels/tires back on and filled the front diff with new Royal purple fluid!
12. Re-organized my tool box and put the old stock axle back in its rightful place.

All Done
grin.gif

Installed HD Offroad shackle relocators, teraflex shackles. Happy to be rid of lift blocks and revolvers! And finishing building my new rear bumper to run Elbe Sunday. If your going to Elbe,hope to see you there. Ill be in the white 2 door that has 38's.

Well not today but Lastnight some drunk dude started a fight with me and and we both got our Arses kick it was a good throw down but then he backed he F-250 into the front of my rig at like 35 mph and bent up my 1/4 inch front bumper and busted my header pannel and maybe bent up my 30 not quite sure yet but I know anything over 40 it would shake like a MO FO and I had a 35 mile drive home .Thank god I wasnt drinking too I spent the afternoon butching Hogs and then this crap GRRRR

Yeah they got called by my Buddies wife :doh: the loser is eFFed due to dui warrant which I had no clue this guy was running from .All I know is I crawled around under and over my rig and looks like both lower control arm mounts (axle end) are bent to the right so far that the Driverside is touching the pumpkin :( .He has no insurance and and is denying it ever happend also my lame insurance company said because I was parked and not in the rig they cant cover it :flamemad: Mo Fo Im pissed atleast I cant fix my rig though .Anybody have some lower control arm skids for sale so I can box them in and hope they stay put after I tweek them back ?

Yeah they got called by my Buddies wife :doh: the loser is eFFed due to dui warrant which I had no clue this guy was running from .All I know is I crawled around under and over my rig and looks like both lower control arm mounts (axle end) are bent to the right so far that the Driverside is touching the pumpkin :( .He has no insurance and and is denying it ever happend also my lame insurance company said because I was parked and not in the rig they cant cover it :flamemad: Mo Fo Im pissed atleast I cant fix my rig though .Anybody have some lower control arm skids for sale so I can box them in and hope they stay put after I tweek them back ?

What insurance company? I work for Allstate and never heard of any insurance company deny coverage on a parked rig

wired in the msd 6a and coil i got from the swap meet. got the left side done mostly. installed rock light and also wired up a small circuit to make it a cornering light. filled in a new set of motor and tranny mounts with window weld. made poorboy solid mounts.

Back