• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Got my 6.5'' lift sat installed rear leafs and shocks. Also put together front joints. Just waitng for a part from ARB so I can get my gears installed, then finish putting the lift on!!
383803_1937923426201_1785865862_1368405_262793587_n.jpg

Cleaned the surface rust with a wire brush and then primed and painted the caro area. So happy to see no holes. All surface. Getting ready to build the storage container.

Changed out the rear drum brakes this afternoon. Was going to do the front pinion seal on the TJ too, but the drums took so stinking long I ran out of daylight. I hope whoever designed drum brakes died in a fire. They're like a damn Swiss watch.

finished up the rear cargo area. took out the bottom of the back seat to make way for the built in cargo area. should start on that this weekend or the beginning of next week. replaced my ebrake handle so its not all duct taped haha. even tightened the cable up so it grabs better now. this thing reeeaaalllyy needs to be bled of its brake fluid. it looks like coffee. ill try and do that tomorrow, though by myself im not sure how ill do that....

Pics or it didn't happen.

Wow, Dustin should have done some maintenance on that thing. Although, I hear it has new distributor. :roflmao:

Rallied 101 down to the Tillamook cheese factory.

haha. he changed the oil. thats something worth mentioning haha. what about this new distributor?? the current one is loose though haha. ill be tightening that today.

when did doing a tune up become so expensive? i did plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, wipers and spent almost $150. maybe not so much. i also got a new spark plug tool set(thought I needed a new sparkplug socket cause I thought I lost mine, but I didnt and I wanted the flex head wratchet) and some wiper fluid.

anyone know why even with new wipers the passenger side wiper doesnt make full contact with the window? replaced the arm on that side too cause they didnt have a spring to put in there.

put the new durango box in and broke my pitman arm puller trying to get the durango pitman off. Gotta get a new puller tomorrow and try again If it doesnt work after soaking in PB blaster over night and all day I'm gonna cut the fawker off.

Cleaned the garage..

Put the jeep in it..

Tomorrow: Replacing Control arm bushings and warrantying the front Akebono Calipers for a second time..

put the new durango box in and broke my pitman arm puller trying to get the durango pitman off. Gotta get a new puller tomorrow and try again If it doesnt work after soaking in PB blaster over night and all day I'm gonna cut the fawker off.

ATF works well for soaking, also try tapping the shaft with a hammer every 1/4 of a turn

Back