• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Dont let'm hate on ya. everybody wants a late model :smoker:. heay scott hows that lether treating you these days?:scared: im kicking around the idea of a CO2 tank. i installed one on a JK, he said it does wonders. got me thinking

Bronze.

Leather's good.. I'm at 200k miles, No tears/rips.. the frame broke on the drivers seat.. I need to weld it back together..

or are you trying to joke about heat + leather.. burns your ass? meh..

winchcomplete.jpg

Only true problems i had was keeping track of all of the different mounting hardware.

I am extremely impressed by the reinforcing bracket directly below the radiator. I have not seen any other bumper manufacturer include anything similar, and I feel it adds a lot to the rigidity of the bumper, as it is off the same thickness and provides a good bracing factor to the "uniframe". lulz

Woohoo! another M8000 user! :woohoo:

not so mcuh what i did to my xj but for it. took the ram into lee myles trans shop up in merrysvill to have it flushed and serviced. they pull the pan and found a bit of a snap ring that holds the od clutch pack in. the good news it it was only part of it. after talking to the guy who builds the trans(he builds trans for dynomite diesel who have truck with over 1000 hp) its gona cost me close to 6k. but that gives me a billet torque converter, billet input shaft, plus all the little up grades inside the trans. he said it would hold 500hp towing a 2 car 5th wheel no prob...... sooo im going to be a ot pig till i can do that. also found the front u joints were going. and they were sayin that when the unit bearings get taken out often times they are damaged due to how stuck they are. sooo im going to get a free spin up kit which aint cheap.

the good news is i was talking a bit to him about my trailduster project and mentioned i had a nv4500 from a 99 cummins and i never got a bell housing with it. he tooke me out back(which there was a old jeep pickup, a cf i think, cabover style.) and gave me a bellhousing for it :)

the price you pay for having big toys

Last edited:
Or the price you pay for not taking care of your
Rig :)

i take care of my truck. i dont drive it off road. this is a common problem that i could not controll or prevented. it could have happen before i got it. its just not a good month for trucks. criss had a 7500 repair bill this month

not so mcuh what i did to my xj but for it. took the ram into lee myles trans shop up in merrysvill to have it flushed and serviced. they pull the pan and found a bit of a snap ring that holds the od clutch pack in. the good news it it was only part of it. after talking to the guy who builds the trans(he builds trans for dynomite diesel who have truck with over 1000 hp) its gona cost me close to 6k. but that gives me a billet torque converter, billet input shaft, plus all the little up grades inside the trans. he said it would hold 500hp towing a 2 car 5th wheel no prob...... sooo im going to be a ot pig till i can do that. also found the front u joints were going. and they were sayin that when the unit bearings get taken out often times they are damaged due to how stuck they are. sooo im going to get a free spin up kit which aint cheap.

the good news is i was talking a bit to him about my trailduster project and mentioned i had a nv4500 from a 99 cummins and i never got a bell housing with it. he tooke me out back(which there was a old jeep pickup, a cf i think, cabover style.) and gave m
the price you pay for having big toys[/QUOT
that's why they should of never put an auto behind a cummins..... buy a 6 speed... and don't look back:smoker:

Lifted up the front end to find out where my steering was messed up. An noticed my rear left tire was about 5psi. So I filled it. I can't see any punctures so I'm going to check the pressure again before I go to bed and if its low again I'll fill it up and take it to get plugged tomorrow after work.

Back to the front end..... my steering box bolts were a little loose so those got tightened and my tracbar lower bolt was crazy loose so it got tightened as well. Yesterdays trip down fs4610 was fun but those roads really shook a lot of stuff loose. Good to go now.

Sent from my mind cause I'm so Awesome.

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!!!

Here's the box - sorry about the crappy quality - it's dark outside and cameraphones suck with ISO.
(Realized we should have done a box with drawers once we went camping this weekend and loaded the Jeep up and couldn't get anything out!)

20110912200339577.jpg

And a few more I didn't include earlier!

Installed a Mag Lite holder and a blue MagLite to match the blue LEDs.

20110912200056111.jpg

Had a custom sticker made :D + the MM Grenade

20110912195655171.jpg

20110912200516249.jpg

UPCOMING!!!!

Bought some 7.5" over TJ coils and will be doing a coil spring conversion for the rear with a 4 link and a 3 link in the front. Cant wait :D

Still looking for the perfect safari basket too!

Here's the box - sorry about the crappy quality - it's dark outside and cameraphones suck with ISO.

20110912200339577.jpg

And a few more I didn't include earlier!

Installed a Mag Lite holder and a blue MagLite to match the blue LEDs.

20110912200056111.jpg

Had a custom sticker made :D + the MM Grenade

20110912195655171.jpg

20110912200516249.jpg

UPCOMING!!!!

Bought some 7.5" over TJ coils and will be doing a coil spring conversion for the rear with a 4 link and a 3 link in the front. Cant wait :D

Still looking for the perfect safari basket too!

So how bout them Red letters to go with those decals on the jeep.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/payments.php

Welcome to the club! :D

FINALLY welded a tail pipe on the stocker today. sooo quiet now i can get use to this. a few burns in the process of welding it up but hey it happens haha best one was when one of the emburs went right into my ear (that felt just AWESOME) not!!

Back