• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

yeah I got the idea to just remove the round edge all together... made a world of difference

Yeah when I did my front ones I cut the round part in half and used heat gun but for sure taking out some or all of the round part makes it a lot easier to work with.

I made it look a little more mad maxish :eyes: Yes ugly but functional. lol

250821_10150612871960533_876320532_19016273_7692867_s.jpg

Last edited:
The blue I was using just would NOT cover for some reason. So I decided to do a lighter blue instead. Still gotta clear coat it, but the time consuming part is finally done !

Hoodpic2.jpg

So sat. at tsf I caved in the corner of my rear right quarter panel right at the taillight. Today I fixed it. unfortunately I failed to take a pic of the corner caved in without the taillight in the way. just picture the taillight mounting area half way into itself.
2011-05-30142906.jpg

Its not perfect. But its hidden by the light. I tapped the metal out enough the cut a slit down the corner and reshaped the edges so they would match up
2011-05-30142840.jpg

I welded the two sides together as best i could without melting them apart.
2011-05-30151810.jpg

I used some repair putty to reshape the curve in the bodyline as best I could
2011-05-30195017.jpg

Painted it and mounted the taillight.
2011-05-30200653.jpg

The top part is a little off but all in all I'm satisfied with the outcome.

I also replace my heater motor and fan. No more squeaky squeaky grump grump.
:guitar::guitar:

So if anyone has been thinking about doing rocker replacements on their XJ, here are a few pics that may help you decide. I picked my XJ up today from Pat at Those Guys Rod and Customs in Bremerton. They did an awesome job. Cant wait to get it out on the trail. Also had some raised shock mounts put on the rear axle...take a look.

Those look really nice!

aight, so yesterday, memorial day, I went out to finish welding up my frame stiffeners. as soon as I had a new roll of wire loaded I ran out of gas. Living down the street from Maverick doesn't do me any good on memorial day, so I called up a buddy in sandy to borrow a tank, he says he only has straight co2, and I have to wait until 1:30 to pick it up. So I get home at 3pm (had to bs for a while) and low and behold his tank has a male fitting for the regulator instead of a female. fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

So I found a roll of flux wire and used that hot nasty runny shit to tack the passenger side stiffener in place, and I'll get a tank on the way home from work today and finish welding everything up. God I hate flux

drank coors with it.

dsc_0529.jpg

made the skid plate flat(er) again -
dsc_0531.jpg

and added some more angle steel to the frame rails to tie the 'floor' to the 'frame rail' sides.

dsc_0554.jpg

Put in a new CSF 2671, 3 row radiator and it doesn't cool as well as the stock HD unit... I'm sure I'll be over-heating this summer. I can see there are less rows and about 1/2 the fins in the CSF. I wouldn't suggest buying this one.

Gave my Jeep its first dent yesterday... Front passenger fender.

Oh I know! ask me how I know... lol trying to keep this one decently strait through this summer. HA! lol but yea, think I might take the fender off and straiten it back out to try and restore good faith.

not sessarly what i did to my jeep but more to the point of what i did for my jeep
i got a horse now i kneed a trailer
imag0406x.jpg

03 dodge ram cummins turbo diesel. i love it. had it sence yesterday

Back