• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Ben, are you going to double shear that bottom track-bar mount?

That really is a good idea they do see alot of load. And it would suck to loose that track bar cruzing home from the trail.

Hmm. never had a problem in 6 years... And you guys know I wheel my rigs hard. Just throwing it out there, but a semi with enough force pushing up and over on the axle/passenger rim to roll me over on to my lid didnt effect it at all.

Ben,

Get some better pictures up. Your drivers side coil spring almost looks correct as far as the axle position goes, but the passenger side looks to far forward but I cant tell by your pictures. Lookin good though

Edit.. Nevermind. Just get up some better pics

All you need to do is put a washer that is bigger than the hole in the heim joint. Kris it's just extra insurance in no way am i saying that your product is bad. However it only take's once to have a failure that can kill you in a spit second.

Yea, I know what your saying. There should be a safety washer on it Ben just so if the ball pulls out of the race for some crazy reason the washer might stop it from falling off.

file0129.jpg

file0131.jpg

file0132p.jpg

So are you going to put a coat of paint on that set up or let it rust????

So are you going to put a coat of paint on that set up or let it rust????

You talking to Ben? They are painted hammered black.

Started yarding out the front suspension. Adding new springs and an adjustable track bar. Gonna drop the control arm mounts, track bar mount, and pitman arm.

so saturday a few friends came over and we pulled the rear axle again to replace the center pin on the springs with new one that had my 2.5 deg angle shim. then we changed out the shackle for some 2 inch longer ones and that help lvl out the jeep. still a bit nose up though. while the axle was out i adjusted the locker cable and sealed the cover to the housing.

today keaton came over to pick up my stock parts and drop off his nice durango bumper.
file0143.jpg

so now i have a bumper wit a recovery point i can 86 the factory style hitch and bumper so i can install my jcr gas skid. but first i had to paint it(the wrong collar :twak:). its just gona get dinged and scratched any way i can always repaint it lol
file0139v.jpg

so while waiting for paint to dry i removed what was left of the factory bumper and tow hitch and decided to prerout the shifter cables for the lockers. heres what i came up with. keep in mind i havent mounted the shifters to the floor yet so they are just siting there all floppy
file0138.jpg

Make sure you test those shifters multiple times as I could never get the front one to work properly. Always to much of a bend coming into the firewall from motor compartment so I gave up and went to air.

Small stuff, I replaced my front brake pads. It was my first time doing any brake job period. I think it went ok, no catastrophic brake failure yet. I think I might still have a little air left in the line after I bled it... the pedal is a little mushy.

Thats a understatement.

Ya sence the jeep has been in the shop colecting dust its become a catch all lol

Back