• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Not to mention that I got a really bad idea while looking at in2fords dash. I have way too long of a list tho, so that might have to wait until I rip the heater out..

Glad to be the source of bad idea's :)

I wish I could have a regular dash but having the np435 shifter come right up where the middle of the dash would be made it so I couldnt.

I needed to add a heater to it so I pulled out the dash the last day I was in Hawaii, its only around 6-8 bolts and takes me 10 minutes solo :)
Cant wait to get back to it in a couple months.
I got a heater core from the back of a conversion van. It is self contained, heater core, a/c evap and 3 speed fan all built into a nice little compact box :) Hooked up the vents to a couple holes in the dash for defrost and a couple holes in the front for passenger heating. I made little covers that swing on a bolt for the vents on the dash so i can shut them off and only run defrost but dont have any way to close the defrost and didnt put in leg vents.

All in all it only took 3 hours and was a good time to go thru the wiring anyway. Once I get the Heep upto Oregon I will powdercoat the dash a nice dull color and powder coat the dash panel some nice brite color :)

Now if I can inspire someone to gift me a 203/205 doubler kit I'd be a happy man :)

Not to mention that I got a really bad idea while looking at in2fords dash. I have way too long of a list tho, so that might have to wait until I rip the heater out..

I wish I could have a regular dash but having the np435 shifter come right up where the middle of the dash would be made it so I couldnt.

I needed to add a heater to it so I pulled out the dash the last day I was in Hawaii, its only around 6-8 bolts and takes me 10 minutes solo :)
I got a heater core from the back of a conversion van. It is self contained, heater core, a/c evap and 3 speed fan all built into a nice little compact box :) Hooked up the vents to a couple holes in the dash for defrost and a couple holes in the front for passenger heating. I made little covers that swing on a bolt for the vents on the dash so i can shut them off and only run defrost but dont have any way to close the defrost and didnt put in leg vents.

All in all it only took 3 hours and was a good time to go thru the wiring anyway. Once I get the Heep upto Oregon I will powdercoat the dash a nice dull color and powder coat the dash panel some nice brite color :)

Now if I can inspire someone to gift me a 203/205 doubler kit I'd be a happy man :)

Sounds interesting, any pictures?

Not of it installed but I have pics of another one I have here. I can only work on my Heep when I go on vacatation to Hawaii, I just came back to Oregon this week. Ill take pics of my extra climate box I have here tonight.

installed extended rear bumpstops... now I need to figure out a plate for them to stop against.

Also installed rear tire carrier, front locker (last week) :)

Walked to the Heep and saw the neighbor kids had drawn various angles of male genatilia and written 'bad words' in my mud. :banghead:

Got pulled over for lack of mud flaps but didn't get ticketted... but he did comment on the drawings. :banghead:

Washed the Jeep and felt good about how nice and clean it was just in time to see a muddy trail and dirty it up again. :banghead:

Also, hit this milestone with even compression and no oil leaks: :yelclap:
2lnwvo.jpg

Installed the new rear axle with 4.56 gears. Pulled the front axle and I'm ready to install the new one and Clayton long arms tomorrow. I just need to swap the locker out of mine to put in the new one. SWEEEET.

wtf

cut and folded my rear quarters along with the rear fenders! got the rear quarters all sealed up and welded so its solid. also got a few coats of paint on the rear rigidco bumper w/ swingout..and ordered up some jks rear adjustable bumpstops. this up comming weekend ill finish paint and install the rear bumper finallllly its been a long process with everything but ill put some pics up when its finished next weekend! :greensmok

kinda did this a couple days ago, but Installed my ARB air pump and switches!

First I got my gas tank skid and bumper/tire-carrier put on.

bumperinstalled.jpg

Then I went to town on the front end, working to replace body panels.
Step one: REMOVE

Last edited:
I installed the long arms, axle, steering, suspension, and coveted thy neighbors wife.

Back