• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Only reason I didn't do both was because I thought I'd have the wj stuff on by now, but I'm too cheap and lazy to get the last few parts and get it done.

So many things to do.....
This is a new side of you I've yet to meet?

:looney:

That throttle body really make a big difference?

I had a caliper stick yesterday, luckily it happend close to home, so I limped it back (scared the shit out of myself drifting a few corners on the way) and took my brothers jeep to get another caliper. Swapped it out tonight and seems ok. Guess that's what I get for being lazy and only changing one last time..... Only reason I didn't do both was because I thought I'd have the wj stuff on by now, but I'm too cheap and lazy to get the last few parts and get it done.

So many things to do.....

I think it made a huge difference. I'm gonna swap injectors next all see if that helps even more.

I have a set of 703's to install, that I know will help mine. Anything will be better than 230k mile dirty factory injectors.

I'll have to look into throttle bodies more...

What year is your xj chad? I know the older xj had a lower fuel pressure so those 703's would work but the later models had a higher fuel pressure makes them run to rich at wot. I think probably wrong though lol but I think the #19 explorer/mustang injectors work properly in the late models fuel pressure.
Or I could be completely talking out my ass lol I'd have to look into it again

What year is your xj chad? I know the older xj had a lower fuel pressure so those 703's would work but the later models had a higher fuel pressure makes them run to rich at wot. I think probably wrong though lol but I think the #19 explorer/mustang injectors work properly in the late models fuel pressure.
Or I could be completely talking out my ass lol I'd have to look into it again

1992. Larry I bought 6 flow matched injectors off ebay for 115$ they were worth every penny.

Last edited:
I have a set of 703's to install, that I know will help mine. Anything will be better than 230k mile dirty factory injectors.

I'll have to look into throttle bodies more...

Do it Joe its awesome my jeep has serious balls now! Dont know how much fuel she uses but huge difference in power.:us:

5k HID Bi-xenon for the stocker

da4ade8eb9756a1e0cefd82e052b7cbb.jpg

The Xj? I desperately need to do something about my lights and don't really want to drop $400 on led's

I did the 136a upgrade because of spontaneous stock alternator failure. What's this everyone says about the block not needing to be touched up? I had to clean up casting garbage on the mount's timing cover bolts.

fd5f7e38c44f623e30b8c01021486841.jpg

I decided the stock wiring had it, so I went to O'Riley and bought all their battery cable stock. Now my wiring looks like crap... I'm thinking a set of military clamps are in my future.

13389ed51877e2c0e2d30e877d5e136f.jpg

I did the 136a upgrade because of spontaneous stock alternator failure. What's this everyone says about the block not needing to be touched up? I had to clean up casting garbage on the mount's timing cover bolts.

fd5f7e38c44f623e30b8c01021486841.jpg

I decided the stock wiring had it, so I went to O'Riley and bought all their battery cable stock. Now my wiring looks like crap... I'm thinking a set of military clamps are in my future.

13389ed51877e2c0e2d30e877d5e136f.jpg

Look up 5-90 on here, he sells kits of pre cut lengths of 0-4 gauge wire to replace the major wire components

Yeah, I had the same issue! I had to grind the sh!t out of the bracket, a fair amount of the block and timing cover. It was a bitch! Made a 1 hour job take like 4 hours, getting the thing in there itself is tricky, so having to put it in, check, grind, check, grind is a pita

Ironically I've heard the same thing, from a couple other guys (one other Washington guy) that there were some issues getting stuff from 5-90 (kwip)

5-90 is a great guy and I'm sure I'll see it some day... I just wish I had known before hand. The issue is I just moved again and he hasn't replied to my emails since November so I don't know if he has my new address...

I cleaned as much grime as I could out of my driver's side door latch, and banged the driver side mirror mount points back into something like square. I even made arrangements to get my driver side door hinge fixed. Earlier in the week it was master cylinder, blower motor and a blower resistors. The old girl is starting to shape up.

Back