• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What can be done to make WF better?

WI88XJ said:
Like Scott, we didn't go to the catered event. Hence the steakhouse remark I made. You guys were already heading out to the trail so I didn't think there would be anyone to register with... again my mistake for 'figgerin'.:D

I'm going to get fired if I don't get off this board!!

Well, if we were heading out, there probably wasn't anyone there to take care of you.

I would agree that we need to take a look at our registration process and fees for next year. Also, we should advertise when to be there time wise. I assumed everyone would be there when the park opened.

I will say that one thing I was impressed with this year is that people actually got out of the parking lot and wheeled in a decent amount of time vs sitting there and bullshitting for an hour/hours.

BRIANHO13 said:
I will say that one thing I was impressed with this year is that people actually got out of the parking lot and wheeled in a decent amount of time vs sitting there and bullshitting for an hour/hours.

QFT!!!
:viking:

Haleyes said:
Also, we should advertise when to be there time wise. I assumed everyone would be there when the park opened.

It was spread word-of-mouth among those there Friday, but a formal announcement probably would be a good idea for next year.

BRIANHO13 said:

You talking about lunch or in the morning? Both?

Just curious.

there is only a few things that I thought would make it better

First move it closer to tennessee and second have it in a warm place because in case you were not there D@mn it was cold

No really just and announced time for the registration and dinner I was a little confused by it and got a few diffrent answers when asked that is all. I had a great time and hope that I can do it again next year

i registered for wf, paid for the dinner and a shirt, showed up at the park a little after 9am, and didnt see anyone gathered in any particular spot so we just went wheeling, and kinda met some ppl as we went and after we had lunch, remembered that lunch was going to be provided, so we headed over to get a couple of dogs and meet a few folks. since this was my 1st wf, i didnt know what to expect so i was not let down, but i would have liked to have a little more info won where everyone was meeting in the morning before going out. the dinner was great and i enjoyed meeting the ppl that i did, and i am planning on camping out next year.

:idea:the only thing i can think of that would really make it better would be to have it when it is warm outside:looney:

As Brian mentioned, we didn't mess around. As soon as everyone was done registering, I gave my little speach and we headed out. I'm not sure what time we headed out but our group was hard to miss in the parking lot. I think we were gone just a little before 10, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

It wasn't cold or windy enough to have been a real Winterfest event. Thankfully tho, we were able to wheel while we waited for dark to start the traditional and official winterfest campfire (isn't official until at least 6 fire rings).

Seriously, I've been to a bunch of winterfests and the complaints for this one are very low especially compared to some past winterfests...probably more so because I didn't have much to do with planning it...

Sadly the biggest complaint that I have seen is a catch-22... actually got all the rigs on the trail by 10am...thus any late comers didn't know where we were, but as has happened in the past, if we b/s for long time in the parking lot to catch the late comers...much less wheelin is done...

One other thing to add...I think that the previous winners of the frankenspare should've been grandfathered in on the deal for getting your fees and dinner bought by the chapter for next year...because, it was brought back each year without an incentive...because we cared...

Great time, good wheelin. Perfect temps. And we had snow!...on the ground at least...

mac 'the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one' gyvr

Last edited:
You could rent out redbird for the weekend and the only people there would have to be registered.

Vlad said:
You could rent out redbird for the weekend and the only people there would have to be registered.

Perhaps for a different event. Winterfest is going to be in Attica.
I'll admit that I really wanted to go to FlatNasty agian. However, after speaking with "my people" this past weekend, I have changed my opinion. WF will be in Attica as long as I am MWC President.

Hale

Haleyes said:
Perhaps for a different event. Winterfest is going to be in Attica.
I'll admit that I really wanted to go to FlatNasty agian. However, after speaking with "my people" this past weekend, I have changed my opinion. WF will be in Attica as long as I am MWC President.

Hale

Finally someone gets it.
I have been preaching this gospel for years, only to be bashed for it.
Those who have been there all along know you can have another event somewhere else and call it Winterfest, but it ain't the same.
I wheeled Attica in March the last 2 years, just not with this club.
History ain't portable.

bgcntry72 said:
Finally someone gets it.
I have been preaching this gospel for years, only to be bashed for it.
Those who have been there all along know you can have another event somewhere else and call it Winterfest, but it ain't the same.
I wheeled Attica in March the last 2 years, just not with this club.
History ain't portable.

I've heard the same comment around the campfire.
We have the rest of the year to try out other off road parks.

my suggestion for a better WF..
make Scott "Sargeant of Arms
all complaints got to through the "SOA" :firedevil

BOB

Times and Places..... the Who, What, Where,and When.... I was very happy with how this event ran .. but I did have to be a bit pro-active finding out some info... Rev did do a good job of finding me for vechical check in. And I was directed to the group I needed to run in but I could of just as easy got into a group that my jeep was not ready for. And as I'm looking at all the Jeeps for 30 min I forgot to check in ( truth is I had no idea I had to )... maybe having someone at the gate to funnel folks to the right spot and Jeep check in ... payment or at least signed in ...

What I really liked with running with the NAXJA group was that as I left with the group I understood that the leaders of my group would NOT leave me lost or broke down on the trail and would teach on what and how to 4 wheel with a XJ/MJ new members would just be plain taken care of ... If your going to run with a group like this I think its VERY important that members and NON-members sign in,

maybe once a member pays and registers, they are given a choice of EASY (green) MEDIUM (orange) or DIFFICULT (pink) trails. The member makes that decision and is then given the trail leaders name and then that trail leader acts as a Big Brother to the member answering all questions via public forum or Private messages. I believe this would also help the trail leader with evaluating what abilities of each individual vehicle ahead of time. Maybe even find a better suited trail for the member. True noobs would benefit most from this.

BOB

Back