• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What axle is this please?

Did some further research and I wasn't too far off on the D60 spline count.....seems there was also a 16 spline version (yikes!) and you can still get D/Ls for them. I just hate being wrong! Lol-------Hans

Being fan of 1960's ford trucks, and having restored several.. i am fairly sure that is not a late 60's f250 dana 60, or if it is, its the only one like it ever cast. Those drums say early 50's looking at them.

brakes are way way too small for a 70s ford 60

Timber said:
It looks like a Dana 53 to me.

Interesting :dunno:

www.off-road.com said:
The Dana 53 semi-floating rear axle was available in different ratios, I'm not sure what they were though. Presumably, 11" x 2" drum brakes were used on these axles. The Dana 53 was used in Willys Pickups after '56.

tealcherokee said:
i dont think they made a d53 FF...did they?
I'm pretty sure you're right, now that I think about it. I guess it's just the years and look involved that made me think that.

cal said:
Being fan of 1960's ford trucks, and having restored several.. i am fairly sure that is not a late 60's f250 dana 60, or if it is, its the only one like it ever cast. Those drums say early 50's looking at them.
So you saying that it is a D60 from 1959?

No. I'm not saying its a d60 at all, i'm saying its NOT a 60-70 era f250 d60.

I'm not saying its NOT a 60 either, but it looks like no 60 I've ever seen. That said, I have alot of MOTOR manuals that cover trucks of all makes from the 40's thru the late 70's, I'll dig through them this weekend when I find some time.

Back