• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are we donating money to this year?

Where do we put our $$$

• PNW4WDA.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Pistons Wild/Yacolt Burn project.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Split the $$$ between PNW4WDA, and Yacolt Burn.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Donate $500 plus National $500 to PNW4WDA, and we foot the $250 bill for the Yacolt Burn.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RlCHARD CRANlUM

NAXJA Forum User
National is going to match up to $500 to whatever cause we choose. On the table we have PNW4WDA, and Pistons Wild (which would benefit the Yacolt Burn project). We also have the option to split up the donation between the two. TORX brought up another possibility to support the Yacolt Burn project... http://pistonswildforum.proboards.c...oltburntrailproject&action=display&thread=595 .

I wouldn't be opposed to donating $500 to PNW4WDA, with the $500 National fund match. Then doing the $250 donation to the Yacolt Burn project on our own. We have the money, so we may as well do some good with it.

So you decide.

Sounds good to me. Lets do it. PNW4WDA and Yacolt burn seem like good causes.

:thumbup:

~Scott

any details on what PNW4WDA or Pistons Wild would do with the mone any specific trails or areas they would use it towards?

I voted to split the money between the two.

Regardless of what option we choose, the money will be going to a great cause no matter what.

Piston's Wild has said that they hope to start building trails by next spring. They have been approved to create 30 mile sof 4x4 trails in the Yacolt Burn (SW WA).

PNW4WDA seems like a great organization from what I've seen. They are focused on land matters throughout the entire Northwest, and stay on top of the most recent issues.

I didn't think you guys had any land access organizations up there.
Its fantastic to read that an organization is actually building more trials (rather than trying to prevent more closures!)

I voted to split it in half. I didnt see an option for donating it to scott's gear install fund tho? what's up with that?

Is there a reason Reiter trails isn't on the list? I believe the DNR was asking for funding at the last meeting.

If you know of a non-governmental organization that will use a donation to help the Reiter cause, I'm fine with that. I'm not sure I'm comfortable donating money to a governmental agency that recently had their budget pillaged. Reiter was mentioned at the PNW4WDA meeting a few weeks ago, but that's a different region, so there were no local representatives.

Private donations are exactly what the DNR is seeking. I share your hesitation but I see their lack of funding as a reason to give them money. Maybe we could re-visit this topic at a later date, after the revised recreation plan is released?

The only non-governmental group that comes to mind is RTW but I don't know if their worthy or not.

I say $500 PNW4WDA and $500 to Pistons wild/Yacult burn

And $250 to the Saddle up Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back