• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wharton (Pine Barrons) Sat, Jan 6th

Yeah def a good time. Nice meeting/wheelin' w/ y'all. We'll have to do it again. My casualties include my 4wd (obviously) and a fuel pump (I think). No fuel entering the TB this morning :( Anyone upload pics yet?

Some pics:
-001.jpg

-010.jpg

-012.jpg

-032.jpg

-038.jpg

-043.jpg

-048.jpg

Some more:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v319/YJay90/

I had a great time! Thanks for all who showed up. I can't wait to remove my carpet now.. I have more incentive... still smells like the Pines :-X It was great meeting you all and I look forward to future NAC trips!

I took a LOT of photos and will try to upload them to one of my galleries shortly. I'll link it up here once I do so.

For those curious: Chris with the black YJ, who had the tire fall off, took it slow at 30 MPH for the ride home. Talked to him and saw his Jeep in the lot this morning at work. Harrison with the XJ and snorkel with K&N filter on top ended up sleeping in his Jeep overnight, about 4 miles from the exit in a parking lot. He was towed home in the morning. My XJ cut out on me once on the way to my shore house in Brick. It also started driving real funny on the way home to West Chester. It now has a weird sway as well as a slight random sputter. We'll see how things go as the rain stops and it dries out.

Thanks again for a great time!

Sorry for the 45 min. delay in the morning, but @#$& happens. As for break downs on major highways go, a stuck caliper wasn't too bad.

The carpet was pulled out, dried, and replaced. It needed a good cleaning anyway. Next time I should have a snorkel and some floaties. Good thing it was 70 degrees.

Nice meeting you all. I'll post another day out when we get some snow cover and ice.

Anyone else have their albums up here? I'd love to see the ones of me.. sunk.. lol :) Thanks!

looks like you started at 1/4 mile by the tracks(i like the other side were the black mud is) then out to high crossing then to a spot i never seen. the hill climbs that in wharton too?? Even thou i have mud i might have to go back just to see what the axles and tires would do in the slopp. That if i ever finsh my XJ

the other side of 1/4 mile is a lake, there is no separation. You can only drive by memory of where the holes WERE, good luck, wait for dry season for that side.

Yes, that hill is in Wharton, one of the only 3 hills in there. That is the only one you can legally drive up, the others are posted or blocked by barriers.

We had the forest to ourselves, on a 70 degree day in January.

not really a lake sometimes it looks like a lake but it's not.been back in all the seasons just got to take it easy you guys were by the tracks with the peanutbutter mud.
213Dsc09959-med.jpg

030.jpg

same spot in the pics but on the back side.
I know a great trail back there but it might be closed kind of long and loves to remove the paint. Next time everybody goes i might have to go

that spot can get sticky! the easiest spot is usually on the left edge (while driving, so on the right edge of the photos above)
here's a couple from August when I got stuck there. I usually get lucky and find the safe spot, not this time. hehe

stuck
498IMG_9420-med.JPG

498IMG_9425-med.JPG

Warpigxj, I said it was a lake back there, I see you corrected me even though you weren't there.:confused: The entire 1/4 mile was flooded out, even over the marsh-grass. Take the pics you posted, add another foot or 2 of water. I guess you'll be out there NEXT TIME to show us how to drive. We've been through that whole area numerous times, I tried to keep everyone in the group happy and not tear up their equipment.

Thanks goes out to GhostDakota. When I took the deep route, got stuck, and took in water, he pulled right up to me for extraction. In the process, he swamped out his own interior. (ruining his national geographic library, LOL) That's a true good hearted wheeler. You're welcome on any trip.

P.S. I hope I can get the chance to buy you a few frosty beverages to make up for it. Thanks, John

tighttrailxj said:
Thanks goes out to GhostDakota. When I took the deep route, got stuck, and took in water, he pulled right up to me for extraction. In the process, he swamped out his own interior. (ruining his national geographic library, LOL) That's a true good hearted wheeler. You're welcome on any trip.

P.S. I hope I can get the chance to buy you a few frosty beverages to make up for it. Thanks, John

Hey John, after years of wheeling it's only a common courtesy. :) I wasn't upset about the interior (Slightly sad about the National Geographics), I was just upset I couldn't get you out. I kept digging real deep every time I hit the gas. Any time you need a tug, I don't mind helping. Now that I don't have carpet, I don't care at all.. I just have to get some real nice waterproof boots... as mine are now ruined and I got some nice Puma sneakers for the time being - which will NEVER see the trail! :) Frosty beverages are great! I prefer soda over beer personally (damn.. now everyone knows!).

I pulled my carpet last night. My interior glass keeps fogging up/freezing in the mornings, as well as the roof. It then melts and drips all over my head! I guess that'll happen for a while now.

Thanks to your buddy as well (I forgot his name as I am absolutely horrible with names). I purchased a heavy duty Hella wiring harness for my headlights and I am wiring that in today after work. I can't wait!

Here's another album for those interested.. Chris (black YJ ... wheel fell off), his g/f took the photos:

http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=205101168474714550/l=238992477/g=30118366/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

You do have to start an account, but I will be uploading them to my Pines album later for free access.

Let me know next time you guys are planning a Pines ride.. I'm just going to avoid the deep holes so as not to ruin anything.. unless someone else gets stuck.. then I don't mind yanking 'em out.

tighttrailxj said:
A tug whenever I need, thanks, LOL, I can't even get my gf to do that.

Hahaha

Back