• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, somebody is getting a new bridge

Wondered how come the ship held up so well when I first saw the picture of it until I read it had a rocket stuff on it. Kind of impressive how that section of bridge just wrapped around the front of that ship though.

I guess I've just been living in a hole but I didn't realize you get get from Kentucky to Cape Canaveral FL by water in that size ship without going around the world first.

The boat hit the bridge at around 1:30 am. The state trooper in the first interview said that unusually high water levels and "some measure of human error" contributed to the crash. Also, that bridge was 80 years old, and it really didn't have "sides" on it to speak of.

The boat hit the bridge at around 1:30 am. The state trooper in the first interview said that unusually high water levels and "some measure of human error" contributed to the crash. Also, that bridge was 80 years old, and it really didn't have "sides" on it to speak of.

I had a hunch that played a part, mostly since it was stated that it has navigated those waters before. Damn articles I saw yesterday had no real information.

Who's right and who's wrong? CNN says 8pm...

The Delta Mariner -- which was transporting rocket parts, eventually destined for Cape Canaveral in Florida and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California -- struck the Eggner Ferry Bridge around 8:15 p.m. CT (9:15 p.m. ET) on Thursday, said the United Launch Alliance, whose material was on the ship.

Is this an attempt to save face?

Well then News Channel 5 Nashville was wrong on the time. Besides, you can't believe anything CNN says, they're the commies.

They were going to replace the bridge anyways work started months ago

Back