• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, isn't this too bad

HuffPost:
"A source tells the New York Daily News that former president George W. Bush feels that his successor has failed to sufficiently recognize the role he played in the manhunt for Osama bin Laden that ensued following the September 11, 2001 terror attacks."

"[Bush] viewed this as an Obama victory lap," a highly-placed source told the Daily News Wednesday.

This has to be true, considering the sources.......

Our current president had the brains and guts to do it right, which is ALOT more than I can say for your bastard boy bush.

You all WISH that bush had got him, but no cookie for you.:rattle:
It must pain you to see the job done by a true American. :conceited

Our current president had the brains and guts to do it right, which is ALOT more than I can say for your bastard boy bush.

Hey burn out, care to explain why your administration has changed their stories multiple times? Why they've had to issue multiple corrections? Even when they get it "right", they manage to XXXX it up.

Last edited:
What's really too bad, is the fact that you refuse to learn.........

Despite the effectiveness of “enhanced interrogation techniques,” the federal government suspended their use in 2005 by passing the Detainee Treatment Act.
President Obama officially banned the use of “enhanced interrogation techniques” during his first week in office in January 2009.

Two months later, in March 2009, President Obama overruled objections from national security officials and released documents detailing the government’s enhanced interrogation program (the so-called “torture” memos).

However, President Obama initially withheld information detailing the results of this program, including alleged terrorist plots that the program prevented. Now this same program is credited with the capture of the world’s most notorious terrorist.

Meanwhile, Attorney Holder’s Justice Department continues its criminal investigation of the very same CIA employees who may have helped obtain information that President Obama used to kill bin Laden.

“The debate over the use of harsh interrogation techniques during the Bush administration is being rekindled by the successful operation against Osama bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan, which was based on information about the courier extracted from detained terror suspects.”

http://ironicsurrealism.blogivists....sama-bin-laden-capture-obama-owes-an-apology/

The AP: WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden, the terror mastermind killed by Navy SEALs in an intense firefight, was hunted down based on information first gleaned years ago from detainees at secret CIA prison sites in Eastern Europe, officials disclosed Monday.

Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Hussein Obama , October 29, 2007: "I have been consistent in my strong belief that no Administration should allow the use of torture, including so-called 'enhanced interrogation techniques' like water-boarding, head-slapping, and extreme temperatures. It's time that we had a Department of Justice that upholds the rule of law and American values, instead of finding ways to enable the President to subvert them.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/...ns-led-to-the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden.html

So if intelligence gleaned from enhanced interrogation, which ended in 2005, is predominantly or entirely responsible for enabling the finding and killing of OBL, why couldn't the Bush administration catch him? The intel was more current when Bush had it and OBL reportedly lived in the compound for 7 years, or since 2004. They had 7 years after 9/11 and 3 years after the suspension of EI to get him.

Last edited:
Ya, this is typical. Nixon didn't give credit to Kennedy for the moon landing.
Obama did give credit to those that have done all the real work... our troops.

Ya, this is typical. Nixon didn't give credit to Kennedy for the moon landing.
Obama did give credit to those that have done all the real work... our troops.

I'm not so sure anyone outside of the top levels of the CIA, military, and executive branch of the govt. know what intelligence was used in the operation, what its sources were, when it was gathered, or how it was gathered. Releasing this info could compromise the safety of the sources and the effectiveness of future operations. I would expect more disinformation than information from official sources to throw the enemy off.

Does it really matter whether which administration the intel came from...in the end the results are the same...I still need to remove my shoes at the airport.

Does it really matter whether which administration the intel came from...in the end the results are the same...I still need to remove my shoes at the airport.

And you will soon be doing it at the train station too, figured it was only a matter of time till the TSA came up with a reason to expand their empire..

what? I admit I think Obama is very inteligent. But guts?? Where was he when we attacked Libya?? Ya he was to much of a pussy to even face media or announce it himself.

Saying Bush is not a true american is stupid. I have hated many presidents but they are all true Americans.

what? I admit I think Obama is very inteligent. But guts?? Where was he when we attacked Libya?? Ya he was to much of a pussy to even face media or announce it himself.

Saying Bush is not a true american is stupid. I have hated many presidents but they are all true Americans.

So how american was it of bush to start an unnecessary war to spend down the treasury and borrowing all the money for it, and then republicans want to cut social programs to repay it all. If you think this was not all planned this way, you are the stupid one. Obama had one hell of a mess to deal with, and I think he has done well to begin cleaning it up.

So how american was it of bush to start an unnecessary war to spend down the treasury and borrowing all the money for it, and then republicans want to cut social programs to repay it all. If you think this was not all planned this way, you are the stupid one. Obama had one hell of a mess to deal with, and I think he has done well to begin cleaning it up.

Your statements are vague and lack accuracy, please provide supporting data to back up your opinions. I'll make this easy so you can be specific in your response:

• Define how you would have resolved the multiple conflicts in Iraq without deploying troops.
  • Define how you would have resolved the multiple conflicts in Afghanistan without deploying troops.
  • Provide supporting data that clearly indicates that the Republican party planned on financing these two military deployments by reducing social program funding.
  • Provide specific details as to which Obama policies have been implemented or are proposed to be implemented, which will "clean up the mess."

Back