• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, after 4 years, my rig has finally done it...

Okay, well i got the pump lock ring back on, finally. I just took my time alligning the pump in the tank. Once seated the ring fit a lot better. I sprayed the ring with wd40, put pressure on it with two flathead screwdrivers and wiith a bit of encouragement it grittily spun clockwise back on. No tank dropping required.

So, i buttoned everything back up, reconnected the positive battery terminal and primed the pump with my key. It fired up after a couple cranks.

Fuel pressure at idle: 39 psi

Nice!!!! I checked for fuel leaks, and took a test drive. Night and day difference. More power, no sputtering and no sign of any bogging even when flooring it up a nearby hilly street.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the hose being detached was the source of most of my issues.

Well, took it for an extended test drive from el cajon to santee/lakeside today. I stopped several times on the way, and included a short 65mph run on the freeway, too.

Results:
-Restored fire up from 20-30 cranks to about 2 cranks
-Reduced raw fuel smell from exhaust
-No bogging, sputtering, or loss in power at 2500 rpms
-More power from my "seat of the pants"-o-meter, than I remember having in a while.
-Car now glows in the dark and smells of roses :)D)

Awesome. I'm stoked.

Several weeks later...continues to run like there was never an issue. :)

Note: i did end up having a fuel leak from the locking ring area. I ended up spending around six dollars at napa to get a new locking ring and sender o-ring.

Back