• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welder in jeffco?

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
think i figured out where that clunking noise is coming from...

upper control arm mount on D30HP w/ TNT radius longarms:

DSC_2591.jpg

DSC_2589.jpg

...wondering if i were to cinch it down w/ a ratchet strap if someone could run a bead for me, or is that a bad idea?
if so, can it be welded as-is under the vehicle w/o worrying about heat to bearings/seals?

anyone in lakewood/golden/arvada/boulder w/ a torch? :D

thanks in advance.

HOLY CRAP!!! I'm off Highway 58 and Washington in Golden, can probably stitch you up after dinner.

HOLY CRAP!!! I'm off Highway 58 and Washington in Golden, can probably stitch you up after dinner.

excellent– you da man; thanks!

my 8-week-old son will thank you, too.
(didn't tell my wife about this latest find).
;)

Not that scary actually, how do you think a 3-link front system works?

Yes you are running radius arms but as long as the drivers side doesn't break off it will still hold the axle in its position.

I ran a three link after I ran a radius arm setup for years before switching from a radius arm design on my CJ and I with the radius arms I would take one upper arm off for extra flex on trails as the radius design does bind on the bushings limiting full droop.

The question would be how did you crack it? Previous setup, is the binding of the radius arms that much on your setup?

Hypoid is the man, but love the "after dinner" part. :cheers:

Last edited:
Told yall twin radius arms twist the axle :D
Let me know if I can help

Told yall twin radius arms twist the axle :D
Let me know if I can help
Now that is interesting...We patched it up in the driveway with a walmart welder. When there is more time, the right thing to do would be to move enough crap out of the way and put a decent weld on it.

We got the bracket set, then had to adjust the top arm out about 1/4 inch. Even then we had to twist the axle to fish the bolt.

The whole time I was wondering what they went through to set this thing up. You have to unbolt one end or the other to adjust the top arm and then fish the bolt. What a pain!

Oh well! I didn't hear any clunking sound as it went up the street. We can fart with it some other day.

Back