• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weld on beadlocks and hot girls kissing each other

TOZOVR said:
We have a rotary table set up with a Jig. We set the wheel in (after the outer has been machined off...) and then secure it. Turn the table on and then the welder is attached to an arm that swings over. We set the distance and let her rip. It's Kickass.

and where are you located?

Fore Wheeler said:
and where are you located?

Our shop is in Barrington, NH.

Fore Wheeler said:
that is by far one my favorite pics. although having a thread title like this gets the attention, I still have no input on the beadlocks other than TRLWGN 1, does that make him gay?? :D

Nope, still not gay, just trying to help a friend out

the girls were the reason I looked, but with a picture like that, I like to keep quiet and concentrate ;)

next time I will be sure to make some perverted comment, will that ease your mind? :D

Fore Wheeler said:
815ZZZ-med.jpg

WOOOHOOOOOO :party:

TRL WGN 1 said:
Nope, still not gay, just trying to help a friend out

the girls were the reason I looked, but with a picture like that, I like to keep quiet and concentrate ;)

next time I will be sure to make some perverted comment, will that ease your mind? :D

Yea, just a "wish I were there when the pic was taken" or, "holly shnitz, I wish my wife would do that" would be good. :D

Fore Wheeler said:
"holly shnitz, I wish my wife would do that"

But she... oops, thats right, you weren't there. Forget what I said, back to work people.

Darn!

And I thought it might be one you took! As for the welding stuff I'd get it done by someone who has done it b4. IE: PRO! But that is just me!

You did not specify if the bead-locks are the direct weld-ons or if you need to cut-off the flange of the rim first...but I made my own using the Barts Locks thru Summit. I cut the flange off the rim using a plasma arc. Centered the rim on the bead-lock and tack welded it in a few places. I borrowed a buddy's fixture (it uses a cone like a tire balancing machine mounted on a shaft w/pillow block bearings) to check for true and out-of round. Once I was satisfied (I trued them to match the run-out of the rim, any better than that...your a damn genius!), I tack welded them in about 8 places. Then I let it rip. I ended up welding about 1/4 of the circumference at a time....only because I had to stretch my arm once in a while! I used a Miller wire welder...continous weld duty rating. No warp and they run down the road pretty good. Balanced them with golf balls. Disclaimer - they are on a 46 Willys CJ-2A and I run 34x9.50 Swampers! So they have only seen about 60 MPH top speed. (Downhill, clutch pushed in...)

Oh yeah nice pic...need one for the shop....

Good luck!

I also know a guy that did it w/o a fixture...he did them using the rear axle...

Sorry, I am not into gay sex male or female. Now if you put me between those two babes then that would be cool.

Curt

posters.com has that one for the shop...

Face it dudes, we're all a bunch of lesbians trapped in a mans body!

OK,so what!! I'm a perv and proud of it! Thanks for the new wallpaper for the computer screen. I try and drop hints to the wifey and she just doesn't get it........:dunno: *sigh* Maybe SOME DAY she will *sigh*

I suggest that you send your wheels to Champion and concentrate on posting MORE PICS!!!

Back