• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird rpm's at start up, explain?

The TPS may test out fine, but they have been found to have a glitch in them. The vacuum solenoid could cause a little bit of a high idle, but that is because it's causing the engine to run lean. I still think you should take it in to your local Jeep dealer, and if the TPS recall has not been preformed on your vehicle, have it done. As a matter of fact, you can get a report on all outstanding recalls on your vehicle, and have the dealer do these recalls.

My TPS is brand new. And I still have the problem, As I mentioned in a previous reply to this thread, If I disconnect a sensor that's in the front of my tb the engine accelerates and when I connect it again it gets back to normal. I don't have a clue on the sensors name, but it's the one that's right in front of the TB, pointing the radiator. The plug is to the passenger side. If I recall correctly.

Back