• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekly pic 'contest'!

I am actually considering selling my built axles to fund the build of a set of 6 lug axles...6 on 8.75...just depends how these axles hold up to the 43sx stickys I want to throw on come tax time .

If I dive into a set of built axles again it will be Unimog 404's! :gee:

Are the 404s the smaller ones I think the bigger one are the 406..

The 404 is rated somewhere around 2.5 tons and the 406 around 4 tons. the 404 mostly have a 7.56:1 gearing. the 406 could have as low as 5.30:1ish as a "fast axle" option to the more common 6.50:1 and up around the 7.50:1 I believe as well.

The 404 is rated somewhere around 2.5 tons and the 406 around 4 tons. the 404 mostly have a 7.56:1 gearing. the 406 could have as low as 5.30:1ish as a "fast axle" option to the more common 6.50:1 and up around the 7.50:1 I believe as well.

Not sure about the 404 but the 406 has selectable lockers factory...404s probably as well. If I was to do them I would go 406 the extra beef means hardly a chance of breaking and unimog axle parts are expensive ...lol...the ground clearance would be insane on 44-49s

Not sure about the 404 but the 406 has selectable lockers factory...404s probably as well. If I was to do them I would go 406 the extra beef means hardly a chance of breaking and unimog axle parts are expensive ...lol...the ground clearance would be insane on 44-49s

They both have the selectable cable locker or atleast from what I understand. 2.5 tons is more than enough beef for me :spin1: but if I can find a smoking deal on the 4 ton...... :cheers:

I'd like to resurrect this.
So far pics of really clean rigs and 1-tonxj's big ass rig in the snow have drawn most attention. Would love more pics.

DSC04346.jpg~original

Great times. Gawd I miss Heep II. Best rig ever.

That white '96 I threw together for that event is in a couple of those...... memories.

:thumbup:

Yes sir. That was probably when it was still 3" and 31's. That was my first time really going off road. Learned a lot that day.

The stinky waders are just a bonus for you guys.

Back