• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend wrenching

IMG_0968a.jpg

IMG_0969a.jpg

IMG_0970a.jpg

IMG_0971a.jpg

IMG_0975a.jpg

IMG_0976a.jpg

IMG_0977a.jpg

IMG_0979a.jpg

IMG_0983a.jpg

IMG_0984a.jpg

GSequoia said:
Stephen doesn't paint.

Have you seen his bumper?
It's been red for at least a couple of weeks now. Now I'm the only one that doesn't paint.:D

Kyung

that brake kit looks good. How do they perform? and were they worth it?

There is improvement from stock, but they still need at least a couple hundred miles to bed in completely. It should just get better with time. Stephan will probably chime in here shortly.

Kyung

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Doug and Kyung for the help riday night and Saturday.

Things accomplished:

• Replaced Ball Joints
    Installed Vanco Disc Brake Kit
    Relocated front brake lines
    Installed front bumpstops (Thanks Ron)

The brakes are a definite improvement, but as Kyung said the final verdict is still out. We'll see how they bed in. The swap is super easy. No harder than swaping out a set of knuckles.

One problem I discovered Saturday evening is that the bolt holding the track bar on the axle end is seized into the metal sleeve inside the rubber bushing. I was going to replace the heim joint on the frame rail side but that is seized also:flamemad: So as of right now I can't remove the track bar w/o some surgery.

Back