• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend Trip to Chicago

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
I have been talking to my wife about getting away on a good weekend wheeling trip. Last night she said that she wanted to go on a weekend getaway with me. Unfortionatly she doesn't want to take the XJ. I was looking at stuff to do that we could take a long weekend and a co worker suggested Chicago.

This got me thinking, so I priced out an Amtrak trip to Chicago. It's roughly $250 bucks for the round trip ticket for the both of us. My question is... is there enough public transportation there to keep us from renting a car? And anybody got any favorite reasonably priced hotels. We don't need 5 star but 3 would be nice. Also whats there to do while we are there in Nov?

Parakeet

. Also whats there to do while we are there in Nov?

ha, hope you like the cold!!

there is plenty of public transportation, and there is 2 museums and the shed aquarium for a couple things to do

Chicago has a lot of public transportation. Here's the website for the CTA buses and the L train. Also, here's a link to the Chicago Trib Arts and Entertainment section. Check it out before you plan on heading out. You might find some fun things you may have otherwise overlooked. Though cold, take a walk down the Magnificent Mile and down to the lake. Be sure to look up, there's tons of beautiful architecture down there. Take your pic in the Bean at Millennium Park, head to a Hawks game, eat at Portillo's and Lou Malnati's, visit one of the many museums (be sure to get a pic with the lions at the Art Institute), take a tour of The Chicago Theatre, go for a carriage ride, head out to the Skydeck at the Sears errr, Willis Tower... and you haven't even scratched the surface! Hope you enjoy your visit!

If you're going to run around downtown, no need to get a car. Look at stuff close to Metra stops as well. Me, I *HIGHLY* recommend the Museum of Science and Industry.

It looks like we are taking the amtrak train to Union Station. We are trying to find a reasonable hotel within a mile or so of Union Station. I want to check out the aquarium and Science museum. We'll see how it goes. So far I haven't liked the reviews on the cheaper hotels that are close. Well see how it goes. We are going to be there the weekend before Thanksgiving if anybody wants to grab dinner with us some night.

Parakeet

You don't need a car, we some times take the train in and we have walked from Ogilvie to the Navy Pier, up to the 'c0ck and all over the loop. Granted it is in the summer time, but cabs are plentiful....

Are you kidding me? C0ck, it is the name of a beloved building, a male rooster, and other male species of many other animals for that fact, you people need to take your granny pants off!

That sounds more like it. Anything under a C-note a night downtown is a definite fleabag, bring whole-body condoms.

I'm going to be in chicago tomorrow. will not be there long though

We got a nice quiet beach community here, and I aim to keep it nice and quiet. So let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around bothering our citizens, Wheeler. I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk-off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk off, do I make myself clear?

More importantly, don't look like a victim. Keep your head on a swivel.

We got a nice quiet beach community here, and I aim to keep it nice and quiet. So let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around bothering our citizens, Wheeler. I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk-off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk off, do I make myself clear?

tell me how you really feel

I'm really not going to chicago, I'm going to romeoville

Back