• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Look at the bright side... At least you don't drive a Ford.

I've driven Ford's sense I was 16. 79 F150, 86 F150, 91 F150, 02 F150 and now a 09 F150 and they have never left me stranded. ALL manufactures have their failings but at least Ford didn't take a hand out.

The case isnt affecting the steering unless its moved the mainshaft and put it in 4x4

Do a full sye and don't look back, even the cheapest sye has a way stronger mainshaft than stock

Good call Dougie Doug. The shifter lever was "partly" into 4wd. Not sure I can blame it on the SYE coming loose. I had the center console apart a couple days ago fiddling with the CB. Possible that I didn't disengage the lever fully, since I had it pulled back to allow for room for the console to slip over and out.

Started pulling the transmission out of my nephew's Wrangler Friday evening after work. Slave cylinder was leaking so it all had to come out to replace it. I hate internal slave cylinders!

Went to look at a possible XJ purchase. A '91 Laredo. It looked fairly clean for the age, and especially the mileage (306,000+!!) so we made a deal and I went back this morning to pick it up. Body is fair, paint is bad. Only dents in it are the two driver's side doors. Interior is slightly dirty, but under the dirt I could tell it's mostly in great shape. Even the console lid, latch and hinge are in great shape! Driver's seat base is broken. Common thing for that area with the power seats.

Here she is after getting it on the trailer

Engine is....well it's bad. It has a thrown rod with a hole in the block. So that's why it was dirt cheap. I have another 4.0 at the shop that should only need a head gasket, so I'll be swapping that in sometime in the future.

Spent the rest of this afternoon putting the transmission back in that Wrangler.

Went wheelin at Uwharrie yesterday. It was great to see friends again and get one last trip in for the season.

97e51f02db4f7d091e91861bbe7b6930.jpg

9735c5ecd75b937f5b35e10f40351e17.jpg

Should have some better pictures once the person that took them uploads them.

Last edited:
^^^^^ Went wheeling with this guy! No pictures to busy having fun!

I was invited to go wheeling at Uwharrie this weekend with my friends... oh wait, no I wasn't.

Hey I got texted at 11:00 on Thursday night...... Had that part shown up I would have been working on Greenie. :gee:

Saw Drivin' n' Cryin' tonight. It was great!

Back