• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Well I had a lot done this weekend. Replaced all the carpet in the house with some new laminate flooring. Moved a ton of furniture, setup a surround system downstairs int he livingroom. Then Yesterday my friend and I took a trip down to ATL to Stumps place to pick up the exo and sliders. Also swung by the Atlanta aquarium which was awesome. They had 4 friggen whale sharks in their exhibit. Tank is massive. Heres a crappy cell phone picture. I have a few better ones but this was easy to upload.

And heres a pic of the exo sitting ontop of my jeep lol.

All I saw was the new sawszall!

Gotcha. Well whenever you're ready, come on down! You can stay at my house, even. I come up your way for the hope ride every year, so I might check out your trails this year!

Nice, May take you up on that. Hit me up when you come up for the ride, there is a killer Mexican joint in Hope now, i'm sure i could talk the local NAXJA peeps into meeting up.

True. Well, you need to get the rest of the XJ guys on here and joined up.

I see em but generally don't get time. Hoping to at least soon make it to URE. Few more details left.

This weekend is no jeep work-in a wedding so I'll be well off by this time Sat I'm guessing. Shine shots before and after the ceremony. Boy must need some liquid courage.

Opened up the front fenders a little more today to accommodate 33's a little better.

998999_10100973725877661_1571514444_n.jpg

Worked on my buddy's WRX yesterday morning, and trimmed my fenders again to make them look cleaner since I decided to ditch the flares all together:

1044355_10100867906824927_1647836745_n.jpg

Replenishing the parts bin today then packing for the week. Iowa for work Monday and Tuesday, home Wednesday for last minute Jeep prep, and Crawl bound Thursday!

I guess it's good I didn't attempt to make the ride to Harlan in the red Jeep since it decided to explode a couple miles from the house.

IMG_20130703_132619_227_zpsb28dbba5.jpg

Had to have my wife tow me home...

IMG_20130703_134447_279_zps940001d1.jpg

Had to stare at my busted Jeep and horrible tail lights all the way home. "The ride of shame"

I guess it's good I didn't attempt to make the ride to Harlan in the red Jeep since it decided to explode a couple miles from the house.

IMG_20130703_132619_227_zpsb28dbba5.jpg

Had to have my wife tow me home...

IMG_20130703_134447_279_zps940001d1.jpg

Had to stare at my busted Jeep and horrible tail lights all the way home. "The ride of shame"

So what exploded? Radiator hose?

Yeah, those aren't my style of tail lights either.

Bumper looks nice.

I've been working on mine a good bit. Not much more to go.

IMG_20130702_153727_430_zps2b4d9957.jpg

Here's the auxiliary radiator vent that I installed.

IMG_20130704_122222_447_zps5de28d1d.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up some frame stiffys, and some more steel, and a Hobart handler 140 with a waste high bottle of 75/25 gas. Stuff's fidna get real.

The taillights are just rusty's steel boxes with 4" trailer lights. I had them on my white jeep but the lights melted out and the paint burned off. I bedlinered them and put new lights in.

Welp, since I didn't get to go to the Crawl I figured I'd get some other stuff done to the Jeep.

After my radiator blew out I had to pull it apart so I took the opportunity to give it a little face lift. I installed a brand new ventless radiator, added a transmission cooler in hopes that I can pull my pop-up camper a bit more effortlessly and bolted up a late model front clip and fenders. I'd grown tired of the early model front clip. I reused the late model flares up front but left the early model flares on the rear. I don't particularly care for that so I'll either put the original flares back on the front or try to bolt early model flares on the rear. I also have a set of late model mirrors that I've yet to install. Either way, that's what I did.

I think it looks much better without the air dam under the bumper. I might end up building another tube bumper to go on this one. Tube bumper up front with hidden winch?

Blah blah, Nuff babble. Here's a picture. (I need to paint the roof.)

IMG_20130707_175416_108_zps15a8eb35.jpg

Went wheeling on some of the best trails in the South. Harlan is where it's at. The people are the best...wheeling is a close second.

I got my replacement tranny out of storage today for the trail rig. This one has 110,000 less miles on it than the one that is in there now and it has all new shift solenoids. This is the one that was in Big Red(RIP).

Its going to get cleaned up, new front and rear seals and a new torque converter.

I'm driving Old Blue to the crawl next year!

0707131718.jpg

I got my replacement tranny out of storage today for the trail rig. This one has 110,000 less miles on it than the one that is in there now and it has all new shift solenoids. This is the one that was in Big Red(RIP).

Its going to get cleaned up, new front and rear seals and a new torque converter.

I'm driving Old Blue to the crawl next year!

0707131718.jpg

Sounds good to me!

Well today was a somewhat productive day. Woke up feeling like ****, think I got a slight cold. Managed to get my *** out of bed and pull the rear axle out of the heep today. Gonna freshen it up a little bit and install the disc brakes on it. So here are some pics:

Pulled the rear axle:

Completely disassemble it basically just the housing now. Didn't remove the pinion gear of course.

Here are the spacers from Teraflex that are needed for the swap:

And then a mock up on the driver's side. I did have to drill the mounting holes on the backing plate a bit bigger aswell as make the center bore a bit bigger for the seal.

Still got a bit of things to do here and there and then I will paint the axle and reinstall in the jeep.

Back