• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

[FONT=&quot]The MJ was totaled tonight :([/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My son slid off a icy road and over a 10' bank into a creek, he went over the bank slow and it rolled slowly. It will most likely be totaled after the recover company gets through with it tomorrow. I would recover it myself and i called Hadfield in to help me but I think its over our heads due to the snow/ice, lack of trees to strap too and the steepness of the bank. It will have to be flipped upright then drug up a steep creek bank all while working in 2' of freezing water and snow and ice. I'll post pics when I get it home. Most likely I will sell it as a parts vehicle, I don't have time to part it and I do not need any spare parts right now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He is okay, he was treated for hypothermia since he was in the water for a few minutes in below freezing weather. He was released from the ER after a few hours.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The road he was on was treacherous at best, it took me 45 min to make it 1.7 miles in my Commander. I had to cut through trees and nearly slid off a time or two myself. I feel bad for him, he loved this MJ and hell I liked it too but life goes on and he is healthy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm buying my oldest sons 00 XJ from him since he is moving to a big city and does not need a car. I guess I will let my 18 year old drive it until he goes into the NAVY in October. I'm at my wits end with my kids and their driving, between the two of them they have totaled 3 Jeeps, a Exploder and my wifes minivan, (my wife still swears I paid the kid to kill that POS). All in single car accidents, no property damage or injury to anyone else. Lucky in some ways, unlucky in others.[/FONT]

I'm glad your boy is ok. I've remember being upside down in a creek once.

Now...

NOOOOO!

That was by far the cleanest MJ on the face of the planet as far as I'm concerned. I hate all that hard work is gone.

I would guess the bed is shot...

When you decide how much you want for it as a parts truck let me know. I would love the drive train.

Edit: Why did your font turn blue? I didn't do that.

[FONT=&quot]The MJ was totaled tonight :(

My son slid off a icy road and over a 10' bank into a creek, he went over the bank slow and it rolled slowly. It will most likely be totaled after the recover company gets through with it tomorrow. I would recover it myself and i called Hadfield in to help me but I think its over our heads due to the snow/ice, lack of trees to strap too and the steepness of the bank. It will have to be flipped upright then drug up a steep creek bank all while working in 2' of freezing water and snow and ice. I'll post pics when I get it home. Most likely I will sell it as a parts vehicle, I don't have time to part it and I do not need any spare parts right now.

He is okay, he was treated for hypothermia since he was in the water for a few minutes in below freezing weather. He was released from the ER after a few hours.

The road he was on was treacherous at best, it took me 45 min to make it 1.7 miles in my Commander. I had to cut through trees and nearly slid off a time or two myself. I feel bad for him, he loved this MJ and hell I liked it too but life goes on and he is healthy.

I'm buying my oldest sons 00 XJ from him since he is moving to a big city and does not need a car. I guess I will let my 18 year old drive it until he goes into the NAVY in October. I'm at my wits end with my kids and their driving, between the two of them they have totaled 3 Jeeps, a Exploder and my wifes minivan, (my wife still swears I paid the kid to kill that POS). All in single car accidents, no property damage or injury to anyone else. Lucky in some ways, unlucky in others.

[/FONT]

just sheetmetal plastic and bolts...... glad your boy is alright. time to start looking into payment plans on an abrams tank for the kids to share

Parts MJ for sale, light roll over:eyes:

0220120743.jpg

Man that was such a pretty truck.... hate to see that happen, is everybody ok?
anyways 80 miles north of you we got NO snow :( so i welded up a huge rust hole that was growing under my battery box

409088_10150559077297957_556537956_9011891_1740630152_n.jpg

and after finding a large pot lid to weld in place
426008_10150559077437957_556537956_9011894_753120931_n.jpg

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]The MJ was totaled tonight :([/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My son slid off a icy road and over a 10' bank into a creek, he went over the bank slow and it rolled slowly. It will most likely be totaled after the recover company gets through with it tomorrow. I would recover it myself and i called Hadfield in to help me but I think its over our heads due to the snow/ice, lack of trees to strap too and the steepness of the bank. It will have to be flipped upright then drug up a steep creek bank all while working in 2' of freezing water and snow and ice. I'll post pics when I get it home. Most likely I will sell it as a parts vehicle, I don't have time to part it and I do not need any spare parts right now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He is okay, he was treated for hypothermia since he was in the water for a few minutes in below freezing weather. He was released from the ER after a few hours.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The road he was on was treacherous at best, it took me 45 min to make it 1.7 miles in my Commander. I had to cut through trees and nearly slid off a time or two myself. I feel bad for him, he loved this MJ and hell I liked it too but life goes on and he is healthy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm buying my oldest sons 00 XJ from him since he is moving to a big city and does not need a car. I guess I will let my 18 year old drive it until he goes into the NAVY in October. I'm at my wits end with my kids and their driving, between the two of them they have totaled 3 Jeeps, a Exploder and my wifes minivan, (my wife still swears I paid the kid to kill that POS). All in single car accidents, no property damage or injury to anyone else. Lucky in some ways, unlucky in others.[/FONT]

Sorry to hear about this. I know your son really loved that truck and I know you did too but I'm glad he's ok.

i am no longer jeepless...

Talked to Justin, was the friend at the crawl with the sami, he says he can fix what I bent and shave the centers to fit. :thumbup: Looks like I will be about 4" narrower on the front D60 soon.

Talked to Justin, was the friend at the crawl with the sami, he says he can fix what I bent and shave the centers to fit. :thumbup: Looks like I will be about 4" narrower on the front D60 soon.

Oh....i remember him. Way cooler than you! :D that sami is sweet!

Thanks to ED, I will be driving the XJ again with a rear bumper, and soon will mount the roof rack.

Weekend is coming and I will be picking up a new-to-me XJ tomorrow (hopefully). 97 model, 109k on the clock. 4k on motor and trans. Chevy 350/700R4. Bad. Ass. Muther.

Don't be hatin'

Back