• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I hope they work better in the snow than they do in the mud. I had a set of ATs long enough to find a set of MTs. On the other hand they ride really good and last forever.

Bfg awfulterrains... heh. I'm running retreaded ones right now. Well, at least they make it so I can wheel like a retard on 33s and stock everything (even stock worn out 297 joints!) Without breaking a thing yet.

I will be running something else next.

i assisted shaggybob a little with his the other night. as well as shortened my lca's and turned them around (got on a hurry putting it together and put them in backwards:looser:). also put the rear bumper, gas tank skid, and rear factory tow hook back on. got to get to the shop sometime before sunday to put the front hooks back on and trim the bumpers a little.

BFG AT's are good in everything but mud. If you get into the mud you'll have to keep on the skinny pedal a fair amount to keep them clean. If you can look past the mud performance, they do great in everything else...sand, snow, rain etc. I got about 55K out of mine and they still had probably another 5 or 10K left in them. They do get hard to balance when they get old though. I had a minor wobble that was a result of them, as does a friend of mine running the AT's on his XJ.

In other news, I spent yesterday combining my belongings from my parents house and from a friends house into my new apartment. Woke up at 6:30 to start moving and didn't stop until shortly after 11:00 last night.

Pulling a uhaul trailer behind the Jeep pretty much destroyed what little MPG's I get.

Closed out the new year putting all new seals in the front axle, and replacing aluminum degree shims on the rear with steel.

Finished 2010 by buying an ax15 for the MJ... :D

Well actually I traded for it. But hey, same thing.

This last weekend I went to the pull a part and got some seats out of a Grand, brought them home and gave them a good steam cleaning, let them dry out and bolted em in. Installed a new TPS, and put in a new battery.

Swapped out the open LP30 for a locked HP30. Just need to find the bolts for the front DS and change out the u joints and I'm done. Need to take a test ride today.

moved some more stuff around in the house and got my swords hung.

166345_1792274492538_1409933511_2017371_8066325_n.jpg

i have about 15 total between here and oregon.

edit...this is obviously the wrong photo....

uno momento por favor,

166554_1793427881372_1409933511_2019997_6837186_n.jpg

ah, es muey bueno.

brought home another one.... this one is Sam's jeep tho, shes been driving the truck for a few months so its time to get her her own ride.... 2000 4.0 aw4 231 d30/35.
IMAG0023.jpg

Sam's xj is not going to be shagwagon? 3" lift and 31s?

Nice find!

I worked on the D44 some yesterday. I finished the gear/spool set up and got the axles in and the spindles on. I ruined a $130 hub when I was pressing a bearing race in with my 30 ton press. Who knew you could mushroom the outer edge of the hub so easy! It was stupid of me to press against that anyhow. So, I had to order one from NAPA to pick up this morning. By the way, if anyone local needs to borrow my setup bearings for the D44 they are welcome. They take a while to make but its the only way to set up a 44 gear set.

Helped 49erRider throw a hack n tap on to put the finishing touches on his 2wd to 4wd conversion.

Back