• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Well, since I started 3rd I've been getting adjusted. That stuff isn't easy... I guess that's why I'm still awake at 5am sitting in the bed next to my sleeping girlfriend.

On a brighter note:

I did a little work to the axle. Still gotta figure out a track bar mount and sway bar mounts...

503070934_photobucket_18100_.jpg

I'm considering doing this with mine and doing the 44 outers and what not.

How much of an issue is that truss with oil pan clearance? I'm assuming I will have to bump stop accordingly.

Thanks!
-Nick

I'm considering doing this with mine and doing the 44 outers and what not.

How much of an issue is that truss with oil pan clearance? I'm assuming I will have to bump stop accordingly.

Thanks!
-Nick

I run bump stops on mine but the springs are so tall they don't touch, I don't need them. They're really just there to keep the spring from falling out...

I'll have plenty clearance at the oil pan. That upper control arm mount is only about 2 inches higher than the factory one would have been if it was a 30...

Got the 9" gears changed to a spool with 4.88 gears and back in the jeep. Started on the D44 spool and gears. What a pain to set up after doing the 9". The press I made worked great on the axle and carrier/ pinion bearings too.

Blew up my 231... glad I got spares.

Apparently not realizing my rear output seal was toast till after an hour drive home from a run a while ago did it in. I hate mud.

Yeah, my 231 has been sounding like it was gunna blow up for a year now. lol

It really needs some fluid in it... I'm pretty sure it's empty. :) but it's still tickin!

Went wheelin, bent my drive shaft and did this, oh well.
IMAG0025.jpg

That's a nice boot....fracture or bad sprain?:eyes:

Bad sprain, almost would have preferred it be broken so it would heal faster. It's not the worst thing in the world but stairs suck!

Bad sprain, almost would have preferred it be broken so it would heal faster. It's not the worst thing in the world but stairs suck!

Yup. Bad sprains can be much more of a problem to rehab...A good break is definately simpler.:eek:

I dont know if you missed the memo Bob but we build jeeps to break the jeep.... not ourselves ;-)
I have a pile of memos. I'll have to find that one and move it back towards the top.

are the 2 related? ei: ds broke and foot?

mark

are the 2 related? ei: ds broke and foot?

mark
I wish there were some cool story, but no, they aren't related except that they happen on the same day.

I just fell, in a ditch.

only thing worse than that ankle is casts to knees on both sides stairs really suck...i spent 4 mos that way...not xj related... Lets just say it involved a beat down and a 2 story window...got really good with freestyle wheel chair riding though...lol

Changed out my bent rear drive shaft. Found that the U joint at the axle end actually had a few needle bearings that had been turned to dust. Thank goodness it was a spicer joint, I think anything else probably would have let go.

Replaced the Factory Original Siemens-Deka(Deca?) single hole fuel injectors with a set of remanufactured Bosch 4-hole injectors from performanceefi on E-Bay the Tuesday before Christmas...so far they seem to be working fine & dandy as advertised, but I've not really been able to do the Freeway MPG Test I've been wanting to do just yet...oh well, maybe this next month.:sure:

Shortened my uppers to get some caster back, drives a lot better now. Pulled out the left front fender so my door doesn't rub it anymore after last Thursday's ride.

Then found a leaky front pinion seal and front axle seal, topped of with broken degree shim in the back, with half the shim missing.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day!

Shortened my uppers to get some caster back, drives a lot better now. Pulled out the left front fender so my door doesn't rub it anymore after last Thursday's ride.

Then found a leaky front pinion seal and front axle seal, topped of with broken degree shim in the back, with half the shim missing.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day!

I hear ya! I got to pull the ram off the Tj and and rebuild it tomorrow. i just hope there is a shop open so I can get the parts.

Back