• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I also went to Tellico with some folks with in my TJ. XJfire on here was there in his XJ.

PC110297.jpg

PC120334.jpg

PC110315.jpg

PC120358.jpg

PC120388.jpg

tellicosnow052.jpg

l_9c9848fe0bf74e859276f428a0fc25ac.jpg

Getting ready for a road trip. Just did the rear shocks, serpentine belt and fluids. Gave her a good interior cleaning too. NC bound for the HOLIDAYS!

Well I finished my tube work last week. Got body work done through the week, and worked off 3rd shift friday. Picked jeep up at the house carried to Father-n-laws shop and sanded, cleaned. Saturday Get there at 9:00 am and tape off. Clean again. And Paint. Boy have I been busy. Not an XJ but I spent a lot of time on here so I thought I would post my junk up any way.

l_411c964c10704ce7b1df38aac5e4ae60.jpg

l_340d32f2f0444530abad7100e0f1f5b8.jpg

l_4a6ab744987040da93e38e9b51421251.jpg

l_b0b48c70c2704f7aad769308e249abe2.jpg

Didn't do much of anything last weekend...kinda sat around and worked on being lazy for a change.

Met up with Dad and Grandma for lunch yesterday, then took my buddy out for his 21st birthday last night. Got up this morning and fixed the Christmas lights on the house, put new struts on the rear hatch of the Jeep, and also cleaned the IAC to see if that fixes the sudden buggered up idle it started having this week. So far so good!

finished up my chevy lines about 20 mins ago. no process on the stroker yet. hopefully after christmas.

I installed the last of my 3 IR security cameras.

Montage1.jpg

Just one more camera, for the back yard, and I'm done.

Well I just got my 231 transfer case in. Good bye 242 and hello SYE. I ran it around on just the front shaft because I need a u-joint for the rear and noticed some bad popping in my front end. I took the front cover off and yep all the welds from the Tellico repair broke and took some more teeth with them. I guess instead of just installing the rear DS Friday and being done I will have to get my other carrier and weld it and install it.

I installed the last of my 3 IR security cameras.

Montage1.jpg

Just one more camera, for the back yard, and I'm done.

You slinging or just live in a bad neighborhood? lol

I have thought about getting some for my house and we have no problems here. What brand did you go with and how much for 3 cameras?

caglezj, I want to see more pics of the trailor fenders, that's something I need to do on mine.

You slinging or just live in a bad neighborhood? lol

I have thought about getting some for my house and we have no problems here. What brand did you go with and how much for 3 cameras?

No good neighborhood, just messing around. Each camera is about $97 after shipping from Gadspot.com (use the paypal option since their checkout isn't secure).

Video capture card from bluecherry.net for $139, 4 port 120 fps. Comes with software for monitoring cameras (for windows).

I use ZoneMinder (zoneminder.com) on a LINUX server.

caglezj, I want to see more pics of the trailor fenders, that's something I need to do on mine.

Here is a few pictures. I used 1.75 HREW that had the seem deburred. Looks like DOM but it's not. I picked it up much cheaper than HREW or DOM at 24.00 for 12' stick. It is .120 wall . I used 1.50 x .120 wall as the support pieces going down in the center. Hope the pictures help. Took me a couple hours to bend everything but about 8 to bend and shape the checker plate like I wanted it. I also angled the outer piece of the top to push my tires back to the inside of the trailer. To help keep me from sliding off. Keep in mind tube is slick when wet. I didn't have to do both sides but I wanted it to look uniform . I will never use the passenger side as a drive over fender.

l_f0840b9915f2421e975952e67205a565.jpg

l_b3471e563b0c48a2bef15fedfb65e9fc.jpg

l_c2455c93a9de4477a279be637339cdc7.jpg

If anyone around Huntsville would like something like this done. Just pm me. I can make pretty much anything or have the means to get it. Could do trailer fender ramps over a weekend. 256-431-8618

I got the 97 dash installed in my 89 MJ

wqq74.jpg

I also pulled the motor and trans

2akba00.jpg

Big Salvage yard day. Picked up a 231 to AW4 adapter so I can clock my T-case. I also picked up an D30 HP to start building on. I am going to try sleeveing, trussing, adding WJ outers along with 4.88's (copy Cals D30 HP build) so I can run 35's with some hope of it not breaking. T Case clocking and trans cross member first (copy of BSFab, www.bsfab.net) and then start on the D30 build. I also grabbed an extra 231, front shaft (I use them in the rear too) and a set of mirrors.

This ought to keep me home at nights for a long time to come.

John

Replaced the rear main seal, still leaking. I have been searching and brainstorming, going to look into the back of the valve cover tomorrow. Might as well do the oil filter rings as well.

Opened a box.
91780.gif

Found this. 5500Lb. First one and as a gift, I cannot complain. Beats the come-a-long!:laugh:

I got the 97 steering column installed in the MJ today. Took all day but it is done. Tomorrow I will start putting the 97 XJs wiring into the truck.

Well so far it has been a weekend of good and more bad. I converted the interior over to gray dash and all, replaced the seal on the rear dif cover, replaced fluid in rear diff, got the speedo working, fixed the front brake dust shields. Now for the bad: the trans ahs stopped pulling, I messed up some of the steering column because now it's loose and the key won't go back to lock. So now it ;ooks like I will be pulling the trans back out to rebuild and getting back into the steering column to trouble shoot that. Hoping to get it all done in time to go play in LBL. Hope all of you guys had a nice holiday weekend.

Back