• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

High2by on the forums. I will tell you that this rig will do it all. I was with him in Moab and this XJ is built right and everything works well.

x2! Very trustworthy seller IMHO!

Fixed window on Dodge tow-pig. Ordered new rear leaf pack for the XJ and registered for the Crawl. Did a rebuild a Motorcraft 2150 carb, and installed it on an 89 YJ. Found a defective A/C-Heat damper module on Dads 2007 Explorer and ordered that part. (To be continued) Signed contract on new property, hope to close by the end of the month. It has a large shop too!

Signed contract on new property, hope to close by the end of the month. It has a large shop too!

It doesn't sound like you are migrating out our way.

Well, got my Brown Dog Motor Mounts in tonight, but somehow managed to crack the output nipple on the power steering reservoir while I was doing it. Not ever sure I remember hitting the reservoir, but somehow managed.

I may grab a WJ pump tomorrow and do a quick upgrade. Anyone do that upgrade? Seems pretty straight forward, but all the write ups on NAXJA make no mention of the mounting brackets, and I've seem some write ups elsewhere on the net that indicate that you need to drill and tap out the WJ mounting bracket.

Well, got my Brown Dog Motor Mounts in tonight, but somehow managed to crack the output nipple on the power steering reservoir while I was doing it. Not ever sure I remember hitting the reservoir, but somehow managed.

I may grab a WJ pump tomorrow and do a quick upgrade. Anyone do that upgrade? Seems pretty straight forward, but all the write ups on NAXJA make no mention of the mounting brackets, and I've seem some write ups elsewhere on the net that indicate that you need to drill and tap out the WJ mounting bracket.

I did it on mine. Make sure you get one from a High Output 4.7 to get the benefit of the bigger pump. They had hydraulic cooling fans so you'll see the extra line on the bottom that would run to the fan. This line needs to be capped off as you won't be using it. A piece of rubber hose and a bolt screwed into the end of the hose did the trick for me. You WILL need to swap the threaded fitting over from your XJ pump for your line to work. Others have tried to drill out the fitting on the WJ pump but ended up ruining it. It's a direct swap otherwise. No modifications to the stock bracket are necessary. I had more trouble swapping the pulley over than I did with anything else.

I bought a reman pump off the shelf for my swap. First one was defective and started leaking from the shaft seal almost immediately. Second one is holding up pretty good.

I'm going to pull one from the PAP near me, so I don't have to deal with a pulley swap.

I'm going to pull one from the PAP near me, so I don't have to deal with a pulley swap.

See if they have any good green or gray Grand Cherokee front bumpers while you are there. Express doesn't have any.

I was going to go to Express. If the WJ inventory is good at either PAP or LKQ I can run up there instead.

They have a bunch of WJ's at Express. They have two that just came in 6 days ago too but I haven't seen them.

PAP has 15 WJs, LKQ has 14 of them. No 96-98 ZJ's at LKQ though.

Last edited:
I was just thinking if you were hitting a yard that I don't frequent, you could keep your eyes open. It's no big deal if you don't though. I like Express and today is a great day to be outside. The weather is awesome.

I've noticed that lately. WJ's are overflowing the junk yards. Then there's no XJ's.

Cash for clunkers took a lot of xj's off the roads.......

We have a yard about 2 miles from my house that took in dozens of XJ's during cash for clunkers. We snagged a lot of parts off of them...it was to the point of if we needed something we could go get lunch, go to the boneyard and be back to the house in less than an hour. It was so sad...many many late models and nearly all of them (renix to OBDII) were most likely perfectly good rigs before they poured liquid glass in the motors.

Now...the last 3 times I've been there I think I've seen a total of 2 XJs. WJ's out the wazoo (in most yards around here). A while back one of the local yards had more MJ's than XJ's...that's a rarity.

Back