• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Umm can i chime in?

Most quality Amps can receive speaker level, the "converter boxes" you are talking about are just transformers, which arent really that bad coming from an audio standpoint as long as they are rather high end (isolating grounds is a good thing)

The RCA cables are sending Line level, BUT what the real problem is no systems (except stock MERC and BMW) are balanced signals. Noise can be introduced along any stock or "high end" system thats been installed, its actually more common than you think

NOW! what you need to do is buy a high end amp with a full crossover built in (google 'crossover' im getting sick of explaining) and run the RCA outs to your seperate speakers and install tweeters in the doors, or send the mid/high signal to some decent set of coaxial speakers (fancy for they have a crossover and a tweeter in them)

Any system can be "tuned" and sound good.. i promise, thats why i didnt bother installing a blaupunkt headunit in my jeep... just my bimmers
the jeep got a crappy walmart unit

when i wanna listen to music properly i go to the 1.2 million dollar studio i work at... cars are for driving if you want sound quality buy a bose cd player and superglue it to the dash

Thanks again for the advice. Im going to set it the way I planed and let you all know what I come up with.

and the price wasn't too bad either....

I still think you should use that high quality radio you gave me for the store-- that was a good sounding piece of equipment!!:rof:

You make two good points. First and foremost, im cheap. Second, nothing is as bad as that crappy radio.:D

Got my bumper done finally. Just gots to get a winch on her.

IMG_20120419_114830.jpg

IMG_20120419_114722.jpg

IMG_20120419_114901.jpg

IMG_20120420_131008.jpg

IMG_20120420_124722.jpg

IMG_20120420_130937.jpg

Nice as usual!

Materials for this bumper cost me 0$. I had some leftover from a paying job when I built this bumper for a guy's Subaru.

IMG_20120405_101050.jpg

This would cost about $75.00 -$100 in materials, steel, welding wire/gas, sanding/grinding/cutting wheels, and paint. Labor, a little more. [< sarcasm]

I had the bumper brackets already from Tyler at Rock Solid Fab, (which worked PERFECT BTW) and just built off of them.

Thanks!

~ Stump

Last edited:
Materials for this bumper cost me 0$. I had some leftover from a paying job when I built this bumper for a guy's Subaru.

IMG_20120405_101050.jpg

This would cost about $75.00 -$100 in materials, steel, welding wire/gas, sanding/grinding/cutting wheels, and paint. Labor, a little more. [< sarcasm]

I had the bumper brackets already from Tyler at Rock Solid Fab, (which worked PERFECT BTW) and just built off of them.

Thanks!

~ Stump

Dang, that's way cheaper than even a DirtBound DIY kit. I know we've talked about doing other work on my XJ eventually, but I might commission you to whip me up something similar.

today i built these ugly bastards out of 4 stock endlinks, some leftover toob, and some poorly cut 3/16 plate. they might be ugly, but i was able to use the weirdo disconnect ends this axles previous owner welded on and now the jeep drives like its running on rails.

total investment 18$

579421_787841832018_52707502_34948999_56881453_n.jpg

Rewired/installed my hella driving lights. Installed Sylvania Silverstar headlights. Installed custom white face gauges that have "Jeep" and an American flag on them. Put my dash panel/center console back together.

img20120417164114.jpg

Last edited:
today i built these ugly bastards out of 4 stock endlinks, some leftover toob, and some poorly cut 3/16 plate. they might be ugly, but i was able to use the weirdo disconnect ends this axles previous owner welded on and now the jeep drives like its running on rails.

total investment 18$

579421_787841832018_52707502_34948999_56881453_n.jpg
I think they're pretty.

Those sway links look a bit tall but otherwise are pretty close to what I have planned.

Those sway links look a bit tall but otherwise are pretty close to what I have planned.

5.5 inch coil and the axle mounts were lower.... i'm not happy with how tall they had to be but they work and i'm running with it... i cut the original ends off the swaybar and welded a bushing eye to it as well

Back