• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We need a project!

Dang! That stretch job looks pretty neat. I like it.

I think, though. If it was sitting on an MJ chassis, the rear wheel would have to move up a little further.

wouldn't take long at all to turn that drawing into a cut+fold 3d paper representation.

I'll hafta add that to my fleet of "paper Jeeps" :lol:

I just noticed that I forgot to make the plastic trim behind the rear window... Back to the drawing board.

That's pretty much what I had in mind... but with a taller ride height and wider stance than stock.

That's like a freaking limo. I thought he was saying to start out with a 4 door body. Cut at the front doors to fit in some 2 dr doors. longer, but not too long. Keeping the the same rear doors and back stock, but 2dr doors fronts. That would be so sweet in my opinion.

I don't see how you can use the read doors from a 4dr, but the rear quarters from a 2door without a lot of modification to at least the door.

And with the pic that you drew up....the rear doors are....I don't know...not stock....they look like a 2 dr door with the bottom left being almost a right angle...but a 4dr rear door, with the almost perpendicular front body line of the door....So that rear door in the pic is a cross between the two from what I see. Know what I'm trying to say?

If you dont' mind try switching to a 4 door rear, from rear doors back.....keeping the front 2 door doors....I'd lieke to see what it looks like. Thanks _nicko_

i'll play with it a little more and see what I can come up with...

I'm thinkin' about a raised roof with windows (like an LR discovery) that would be really badass.

It is a little long... you're right, I think the rear doors are a little too long, and they're definitely NOT stock size..

guess I'll fire up photoshop :mrgreen:

ok... so when we gonna make this?

[img:be5279e998]http://home.ptd.net/~naumiler/concept2.jpg[/img:be5279e998]

I [u:be5279e998]really[/u:be5279e998] like this one!

thats it

thats it the 2door front doors with the 4door rear doors and then re attach the 2 door back that is perfect. I will start gathering the parts.

Nice work who did the pic?

NEW IDEA!

How about I take a stock XJ and coil over threar and move both axles as far foward and as far back as possible to have a 90 degree aproach angle?

That I know I can do.

The doors

IMHO, the rear doors are still an issue... as drawn, they are custom since they don't have the corner cut-out for clearing the front of the rear wheel arch. It might be easier to take front 4-door doors and re-work the forward upper corner (the A-pillar angle) to be vertical than to try and form a filler piece for the wheel arch cut-out on the rear doors.

front of 4-door back door+back of 2-door front door = door you see above.

I've got no measurements to go by... my poor XJ is far away from me :cry:

plus... We're splicing together 3 vehicles and you're worried about having to fabricate a door?

i could draw it up with the 4-door doors in the rear, but If you want to use the 2-door rear 1/4's it's gonna look really funny, and you'd have to splice in an extra piece of the 4-door chassis.

Well..........we could always just make the rear side window of a 4-door have a vent window.....shouldn't be too hard...just cut a piece of glass from a 2-dr down to size. It'll have the appearance of the 2-door window, but 4 door size.....how much longer are front 2-dr doors compared to the 4-doors anyway. Would it be a significant wheelbase extension by just changing the front doors?

I can tell it'll definitely look a lot longer. People that don't know any better think that 2-doors are longer than 4-doors (but aren't of course). This will probabaly have the same effect...look alot longer than it really is.

If we extend out to a 90* approach angle, we'll have to hack the fenders and make it look like a buggy. I think that would be awesome, but I think keeping it to look like a stock production is what most of us are after. We can do that as a side project if you have an extra cherokee :) I'd be glad to help. _nicko_

I've been following this post since it started...and would have to say im getting enthused!
if and when it comes down to sawz-allin, plasma-cutting, and any sort of wrenchin...count me in!

CaptTrev

Back