• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water-Wetter ??

I tried this after seeing it on a website: put 3 pieces of metal in a cup of water, one brass, one aluminum, and one steel. Put the same 3 in a cup of water with water wetter in it and you will see the ones in just the water start to corrode after a while. Thats why I run it, so there is no reaction between my radiator, block, or aluminum pieces in the pump or water outlet. I know some geeks with water cooling on ther gaming machine who do the same for that.

wolfpackjeeper said:
I tried this after seeing it on a website: put 3 pieces of metal in a cup of water, one brass, one aluminum, and one steel. Put the same 3 in a cup of water with water wetter in it and you will see the ones in just the water start to corrode after a while. Thats why I run it, so there is no reaction between my radiator, block, or aluminum pieces in the pump or water outlet. I know some geeks with water cooling on ther gaming machine who do the same for that.

most modern day anti freezes do the same, have the inhibitors in them. Do the same test with anti freeze you will get the same results

They are supposed too, I have seen enough of the Dex Cool junk, which is designed to inhibit stuff from forming, that I will never use Dex. That stuff could corrode stainless steel

Back