• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warranty claim for sagged rear leaf springs?

jnewell

NAXJA Forum User
This is a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone successfully made a warranty claim for sagged rear leaf springs on an XJ? I have Chrysler extended warranty coverage for a few more months and I'm wondering if I can get them to replace my sagged rear leafs (16" rear vs 18" front) under warranty rather than doing it on my own nickel.

Thanks -
John

Depends on the stipulations of your warranty. Is it bumper to bumper or just powertrain?

And worse case, you can get new ones from quadratec for like $100 or less if I recall correctly.

It's the total bumper to bumper coverage. I thought I recalled someone posting a while back that there was a service bulletin issued on sagging leaf springs, which would help.

There's a differance in "worn or broken". See how the extended warr is writen. Some won't take care of items that are WORN. But will take care of items that BROKE. Normal ware is considered maintenance on your part. Call your Chrysler/Jeep dealer and ask for the service manager, give him your contract number, he should be able to run the part #'s against the contract, to see if their covered at all. Be decent to him, he may lean your way if there is a issue. Good luck. RC

Last edited:
Back