• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanting to run 33s on a rustys 3" lift? and how high does the rear sit?

Silverstreak01 said:
dude shut your mouth hows that sound. you have no business shooting off about someones rig.

:rattle:

I never said a negative thing about your "rig" so pull your head out of your ass and get back on the subject at hand here.

IMO you gave the guy bogus info...you WILL rub with 33's and a 3" lift without bumpstops and or serious trimming....no two ways around it.

my first job was a 3". coil in front, short aal rear. trimmed to fit 33x12.50 on stock wheels, rubbed lca's on street. Watch fronts while flexing with wheels turned. I'll get some pics up.

IM000902-web.jpg

edit, after I decided the 33's were a crap idea, this is where I ended up. takeoffs from a rubi. good fit in my opinion.

still looking for the 33 pics. brb.

Last edited:
IM000778s.jpg

pic with 33x12.50

i put more up at www.mackmason.com/jeep.html
all but the first pic are on 33x12.5x15 bfg at's

look at the pics because i just resized, created new page, and published to website just for you.

Flexes way further on 31" mtrs, I don't have pics. maybe monday i'll drive it onto the forklift and take some pics for you.

hope this helped somehow.

Jeffro600 said:
you WILL rub with 33's and a 3" lift without bumpstops and or serious trimming....no two ways around it.

Yeah. I'm at like 4.5" or so w/o bumpstops and it rubs, but like I said, it doesn't bother me. Where the rear tire hits the inside of the wheelwell, the spring is inverted maybe .5" at the most, so it's like right where I'd want it bumpstopped anyway.

Here's a rather lame argument...but I know one guy who has a D44 rear, and got all flexed up onto his bumpstops balancing on two opposite wheels, and bent a rear axleshaft flange in the process because of all the weight resting right on the bearing surface there. After seeing that happen (me also having a D44 rear), I decided that maybe it's not a bad thing that the tire itself stops the uptravel - that way, there's not a huge amount of force pushing up on the bearing/flange with nowhere to go. :wierd:

Here's a better pic of the rig in its most current state...again, this is just the Rusty's 3" rear leaf pack with stock shackle, 3" coils up front, and 1.5" spacers on top of those to level it out.

trxus1.jpg

Back