• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WANTED: HP Dana 30

I'll be pulling my HP d30 soon and replacing it. It has 4.56 gears and an open carrier.

It's the Dana 30 that's on my rig now. It has 3:55 gears
And an open Dif. It is the non disco housing. It's all bone stock, doesn't leak, doesn't make noise. It is not an ABS unit. Brake pads are at about 50% an the rotors were replaced at the last brake job. Jeep has about 155k miles and I assume this to be the original axle. It is a 91.

I have done a lot of wheeling with this jeep. I run 35s, I've flopped it, and have done my fair share of mud bogging. This jeep has been in my possession for 6 years and the person I bought it from was the original owner. It was bone stock when I got it from them.

These go for $100, and if you become a red letter by joining the club, I'll thrown in the stock tie rod and drag link in for free as a trail spare.

I have one more trip to big bear to go on this weekend, then the axle is coming out!!

weird, it's missing all brackets except the driver's side upper control arm bracket.
spring perches, shock mounts, lower control arm brackets, pass side upper control arm bracket, shock mounts, and track bar mount needs to be welded on. Kind of nice if you were going to strip and truss it anyways.

weird, it's missing all brackets except the driver's side upper control arm bracket.
spring perches, shock mounts, lower control arm brackets, pass side upper control arm bracket, shock mounts, and track bar mount needs to be welded on. Kind of nice if you were going to strip and truss it anyways.
would make a nice start thats for sure, bit to buy all the brakets from ballitic(or what ever) you would get close to buying a used axle.

but if you were going to truss and reclock, that would be nice.

no spring over perches on there, so it was probably stipped, and never reused.

looks like the factory diff cover rtv sealant. i bet it's 100% stock other than the brackets stripped off.
it's gotta be out of a xj i believe, due to the fact that it's high pinion and has the upper control arm bracket.

Back