• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: cherokee shell

jeep.kevin

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep is my daily driver and i wanna pick up another jeep so i can do the cage and the custom dash etc... there is alot of stuff i wanna do that would down the jeep for a while.

the facts.

1. lookin to spend 500ish on it
2. doesnt need to have engine tranny or anything else in it (but would be nice)
3. would like to get doors/fenders with it
4. a 2 door would be sweet
5. doesnt even need to be a roller!
6. i pay cash

nice! but without the trans etc that price it too high. i only wanna pay that 500 price if it has the engine trans etc running or not.

do u have any idea if junkyards will sell u just a shell? like the unibody without anything on it?

I would think about grimms, its already re-enforced a little and setup for coilovers.

I know you said you want fresh but it would be a sweet start...

how much of a shell are you talking about? i have an 87 4 door with no running gear, no engine/trans. and the brake pedal assembly has been removed. if any interest, i can go into more detail.

how much of a shell are you talking about? i have an 87 4 door with no running gear, no engine/trans. and the brake pedal assembly has been removed. if any interest, i can go into more detail.

this is more of what you are looking for. im going to be stripping it down to nothing so that would be a good start. my only question is has anything been cut from it like fenders etc?

I would think about grimms, its already re-enforced a little and setup for coilovers.

I know you said you want fresh but it would be a sweet start...

he says unmolested... and the things ive seen (and did) to that thing... whew.... its molested. free aint so great when your dealing with other peoples mess.

Whaaaaat! somebod call NAMBLA! yeah he is right tho, id rather just start completely fresh so that ive got nobody to blame but myself. i just got done (after 2 years) fixing the spe-d work the P.O of my jeep did.

The bone yard will sell you the body as long as it isn't a cash for clunkers vehicle. I priced them at 200 for a body. In decent shape. I believe they might have paper work on them as well because they aren't supposed to buy without any PW. Good luck

everything ive heard says junkyards cannot sell you an empty shell once its hit their yard. you'd have to talk to the yard and get one before it gets put out into the yard, once its out in the yard, it's registered as scrapped.

Back