• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanderlei or Chuck, Matt or Georges?

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
Who is getting UFC 79? Card looks really good. 2 new comers from Pride including the African Assassin Sokoudjou and Wanderlei Sliva.
Should be worth the money.

UFC 80 looks weak, while 81 with Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar looks to be awesome. 82 looks good as well with Dan Henderson dropping to Middleweight to try and take the belt from Anderson Silva. The sport is taking off IMO.

Alright another MMA fan. This is probably the best card of the year. While the Lidel Silva is 2 years past dure it should be a great fight. I hope Hughes wins only because I want to see Matt Serra kick the shit out of Hughes. Sokodjou is a beast and I can't wait to see him.

I look for Brock Lesnar to dominate the heavyweight division. He is probably the best pure wrestler in the heavyweight division.

Ummm i agree that matt vs. matt would be great to see serra get put down, but GSP is the man! That just goes to show that even world class fighters can get caught off gaurd. blaise

kdailey4315 said:
Alright another MMA fan. This is probably the best card of the year. While the Lidel Silva is 2 years past dure it should be a great fight. I hope Hughes wins only because I want to see Matt Serra kick the shit out of Hughes. Sokodjou is a beast and I can't wait to see him.
Good points. Dana has been hyping up Silva Liddel for so long. Sokojou is definitely a beast! Destroyed Ricardo Arona in pride. Not to mention KO on Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Should walk through Machida.
I cannot wait to see Melvin Guilliard either, remember he STOMACH KO Punched the guy from TUF who got the colonic to cut weight:D

Going to go to Hooters with a few friends here in a bit and watch it. Im betting on Chuck and Georges. When I went to the SEMA show, me and some friends were at TAO, Georges and Quinton walked in, it was like no body knew who they were. Toasted beers with Georges and shook The Rampages hand. He's a big mofo.

That's awesome you got to chill with those guys. Rampage is a monster.(Though Wanderlei has took it to him twice in pride!) Georges French Canadian accent funnier when he is drunk??Jk:D

Georges wasnt there very long, but Rampage kept waving his hand at some chick dancing on one of the stages, shaking her ass the whole time. I think BJ Penn was there too. One of my friends does amature UFC fights, and trained in Big Bear with Rampage and a few other fighters.

That was a great PPV. I'm a huge Liddell fan but I will give Silva credit. I've never seen a person take that many shots to the head and not go down. I was very displeased in Sodokjou, he was just plain bad.

Sodokjou was bad indeed. Different fighter from those pride's where he was so explosive. No experiance from the back on the ground.

Overall I liked it. Liddel Silva was every bit of a slug fest I was hoping for, Although I think they felt each other out a little too long.

GSP Is a Machine, Animal, Specimen, Complete fighter! Matt Hughes was STRAIGHT UP DOMINATED!!!! Just as I expected . Black belt karate, brown in BJJ, and trains with top wrestler's who say he is a beast they can't take down. Matt avoided tapping with his left had but screamed like a boy haha:):greensmok

RyanM said:
Sodokjou was bad indeed. Different fighter from those pride's where he was so explosive. No experiance from the back on the ground.

Looks like Sodokjou is another Pride fighter that was on roids (Pride never tested) and now he's in UFC where they test and gets dominated. I thought he was a heavyweight why did he drop down to 205? The most stacked division in MMA right now.

Back