• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley Trail Run

XJOFFROAD

NAXJA Forum User
Since my last thread about going to Walker blew up in my face I would like to start another one. I personally have not been there before and need someone to show me around.

I'm putting out a feeler to see when people are available to wheel. What dates work for you? We need someone that knows the area.

I will start. I'm available on most Saturday's, cant do Sunday's though. Does next Saturday Dec 5th?

Are you available during the week at all? I'm free Tuesday-Thursday most week...otherwise Sunday (which I know you're not).

I'd be down to wheel Walker one of these days if any of ours available days match. Once again, I don't know that area super well, but I know it well enough that with a map we should be fine.

~Scott

Are you available during the week at all? I'm free Tuesday-Thursday most week...otherwise Sunday (which I know you're not).

I'd be down to wheel Walker one of these days if any of ours available days match. Once again, I don't know that area super well, but I know it well enough that with a map we should be fine.

~Scott

I was laid off so I'm open any weekdays besides Tuesdays. I don't know about this week, gotta ask the wife. Is your rig done yet?

I was laid off so I'm open any weekdays besides Tuesdays. I don't know about this week, gotta ask the wife. Is your rig done yet?

I don't know about this week yet either...I'm trying to pound out an SYE before wheeling. Bummer about being laid off though man.

Rigs wheel-able otherwise though. Not 100% done, but I drive her everyday now. Just needs a few beads dropped on the end of the frame stiffies and paint, fender flares, etc. Nothing major.

~Scott

im still living on whidbey and would love to play on walker, just let me know i am better with january but most weekends are open.

I'm in Alex's situation. Sometime after the 1st of the year I should be game.

Doug

I hope to go back out to Walker before the end of the year also. I still have a few details to get finished up on my Jeep but hope to have it done shortly.

I was considering putting a small workparty together to do a little clean up and check our past work to keep water off of the trail.

Saturday's are difficult for me currently.
The week of the 19th might work better for me?

Michael

I hope to go back out to Walker before the end of the year also. I still have a few details to get finished up on my Jeep but hope to have it done shortly.

I was considering putting a small workparty together to do a little clean up and check our past work to keep water off of the trail.

Saturday's are difficult for me currently.
The week of the 19th might work better for me?

Michael

I'm game for a small work party on the 19th. Let us all know if you want to do this.

I could possibly be in as well, I'll let you know how I'm feeling physically as we get closer. Separated rib cartiledge is one slow-healing mother effer.

I could possibly be in as well, I'll let you know how I'm feeling physically as we get closer. Separated rib cartiledge is one slow-healing mother effer.

Doug, I have duct tape!! and staples ; ) . :roll:

The Rockface ByPass Looks GREAT! The rest of the Expressway is fairly clean ( very little garbage) but there is some drainage that could use some help up top.
The biggest problem I saw up there last weekend was an unauthorized bypass on Upper Mainline. It needs to be closed as it is a drainage / erosion problem. It may need some sort of straw covering as well - I'm not sure what DNR wants done. It is not on our adopted section of trail but really needs attention.

The Skills center is open and I picked up a lot of garbage there. It is drawing people to the area which is good.

Thanks Tracey (I did get your PM, sorry I didn't respond).

I will see what my schedule is like over the next few days and try to post up details later this weekend with an actual plan of attack.

I don't expect to do that much work, but while we are there I would like to cut off that bypass and make sure we check things out and pick up any garbage that we do see.

We should easily be able to run all of the trails (maybe in both directions) and do the few things that need some attention.

Michael

Michael, XJOFFROAD and I are planning on doing a weekday run next week, I'll try and get pics of anything I see that looks suspicious on the trail for reference.

~Scott

Back