• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley Grant Funding (this is where we do our part!)

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,
This is where the DNR asks for all of the input from users of our ORV parks in order to get the funding that they need to keep them maintained. Our input is a direct reflection of how much money goes to keep these places operational.

Here is the letter and contact info if you want to understand more:

Hello to ORV riders,

Attached to this email is the Walker Valley User Survey for 2010. This survey is a critical part of our grant funding application to compete for ORV trail maintenance dollars for Walker Valley. It is in fact how we include the voice of the ORV user in our grant application. As you know, these grants are not evaluated on DNR’s needs, rather they are evaluated on the user’s needs. So please help us get the attached user survey distributed out to the ORV user community – to clubs, websites, friends and neighbors - so they can send us their comments. We need to receive the completed surveys no later than June 30th so they can be used in the grant application documentation. Thanks for getting the word out to folks! See you soon, and have a fun and safe summer of riding! Jim

Jim Cahill

Washington State Department of Natural Resources

Office # 360-854-2874 Cell # 360-333-0272

Fax # 360-856-2150

919 N. Township St., Sedro-Woolley, WA, 98284

This is the important part of the Attached document so you can "cut and past" it into an e-mail to get the info to the correct person.

Send your e-mail to:

Send this survey and your comments to:
WA. State DNR, Attn. Jim Cahill,
919 N. Township
Sedro-Woolley, WA 98294
Or email them to:
[email protected]

Here are the questions for your survey to answer:

Walker Valley User Survey:
1. Does having access and use of the Walker Valley ORV Area fill a critical need for ORV riders? (For
example: does it provide for a range of opportunities for different types of ORVs and skill levels? Does it
provide opportunities for the whole family? Is it important to you to have year-round access?)
2. How many times do you ride at Walker Valley every year? How many miles of trail do you ride in a day?
3. How many miles do you have to travel from home to ride at Walker Valley?
4. Has your riding and use experiences at Walker Valley benefited from maintenance work (such as trees
blocking trails removed, toilets cleaned, garbage picked up, and trails fixed and kept useable)?
5. Do you support continued operation and maintenance of Walker Valley ORV Area?
6. Any other comments you want to share?

Thanks Michael!

Thanks Michael!

We must have been copying and pasting at the same time :)

I considered the whole PM me if you want the attachment but figured it was easier to have them copy and past the questions into their own e-mail and send it off. ANYTHING to make it easy for people!!

Michael

Thanks, Michael.

6. Any other comments you want to share?
I would be willing to pay a small fee to use the area to help supplement the cost of the DNR’s maintenance and cleanup budget in order to help keep the area open to the public.

[FONT=&quot]Even got a response. :)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks Richard for sending in your user survey! Jim[/FONT]

Just flled out the survey and sent it in!! I have been going to walker valley forever!! My parents started taking me dirtbike riding there when i was 4 years old, and now im driving my jeep there and hope to take my kids there when i have some!!:clap::clap:

Back