• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wagoneer 44 into a xj

I would set the pinion in the best spot. And if the castor sucks i imagine it would be easyer to go back and rotate the Cs then it would be to redo all the mounts.
street driven rig with lockouts, **** pinion angle

I put the T&T truss on Sheep's Waggy44 and I thought it fit well. It took a little grinding, but not much. IMO it's worth the cash if you plan to run any sort of radius arm style LA's.

Im happy someone with first hand experience chimed in. When i mentioned doing it in my thread every one told me i was making a huge mistake.

I had the same T&T truss on a waggy 44 in my old xj and it was super easy. Billy and I built the axle from a bare housing to installed and ready to wheel fall crawl the next day.

Who did the welding and who did the gears? :shocked:

How many PBR cans of depth/preload did the pinion need?

Chris Bradley is the new Underground Jeeps Unicorn.

035.jpg

so those of you guys who DD your waggy 44s what do you think rotate c's or not...i know search but all that did was lead me to some people saying due it other sayings don't....i do drive this in the winter also...sold my d30 for a nice chunk o change going to order the T&T truss

I just did a waggy swap a few months ago on my rig. I did not rotate the c's, my pinion angle and caster are all good, I drive it on the street and beat the crap out of it offroad. Drives great on and off the road. I did have to shorten my front drive shaft about an inch though.

Re: Re: wagoneer 44 into a xj

thanks for the info...what did you do to your waggy? whats bracketry did you use?

4.88s, zip locker in the front, Spartan in the rear. Brackets were from ballistic fab, the xj buckets/control arm brackets/shock mount combo things. I also did a 3link when I swapped fronts though. My axle had drive flanges, I put manual hubs on because they were cheap and was hoping to free up some mileage.

Edit : was hard for me to find this answer for wheels, I wound up running 15x8 wheels with 3.5"back space

i hear ya about the manual hubs...im just keeping the drive flanges as spares if the the hubs break on the trails...

whats the problem you were having with the wheels?

what rear axle do you have?

i hear ya about the manual hubs...im just keeping the drive flanges as spares if the the hubs break on the trails...

whats the problem you were having with the wheels?

what rear axle do you have?

Yea, drive flanges are in my tool box in the back. I couldn't find any info as to what backspace wheels to run. Rear axle is a waggy 44 as well.

got the tnt truss in, yea it was a big chunk of change but man do I love it that friggen thing. One question for those of you who have installed it the LCA mount on the driver side did you shave down the driver side leaf spring perch mount that is also part of the pumpkin (like the directions say) or did you cut the LCA bracket down without shaving it?

pictures to follow

got the tnt truss in, yea it was a big chunk of change but man do I love it that friggen thing. One question for those of you who have installed it the LCA mount on the driver side did you shave down the driver side leaf spring perch mount that is also part of the pumpkin (like the directions say) or did you cut the LCA bracket down without shaving it?

pictures to follow

I measured about 5 times to make sure my jj would fit, then cut the lca bracket and welded it to the tube and housing. I thought that was a better idea then cutting a part of the housing off. Just make sure you pre heat the cast before welding, then re torch it after welding for a slow cool down

yea im measuring a shit ton of times...what did you do about the wheel studs did you go xj studs with your waggy? or did you with stock waggy?

Back